Job Purpose: Support Director to ensure smooth and efficient running of EcoPeace office, resources, and services
- Ensure smooth running of the office
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and up to date
- Organizing the office layout and maintaining supplies of stationery and office equipment
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs
- Undertake other general administration duties as requested by Director such as correspondence
- Ensure services and supplier contracts are managed effectively
- Assist in logistics related to organizing meetings and conferences
- Receive calls and guest
- Seminars and Conferences preparations: Sending Invitations and Follow up with Participants
- Employees attendance sheets control
- Processes all A/R invoices requests ensuring timeliness and accuracy of codes
- Responsible for reconciliation of invoice sub-ledger control accounts on a monthly basis
- Provides follow up to customers and initiating departments of all outstanding A/R invoices
- Working on the ERP system to help other departments identify their needs, manage the requisition process and source competitive prices, and act as controllers to ensure adherence to budgets
- Plan and implement office systems, layout, and equipment procurement
- Implement procurement strategy and policies - collecting three quotes, etc.
- Lead the procurement process with the staff in all phases
- Order materials and services as per negotiated and appropriately approved.
- Prepare purchase requisitions, approve and issues purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions.
- Maintain procurement files - Preparing Annual Vendor Lists
- Track Purchasing activity and measurement.
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors, and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships
- Responsible for buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment’s in a timely and cost-effective way; timely manner while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications
- Dealing with suppliers - Help to lower the cost and secure agreements
- Develop and review purchase requests and ensure authorization as necessary to facilitate the timely purchase
- Liaise with Financial Officer to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices, as necessary for the business with the supplier
Comply with donor requirements:
- Ensure the necessary vendor documentation and compliance with donor-specific requirements
- Read all donor contracts to fully understand the procurement and financial requirements of all donations.
- Coordinate with project staff to ensure full compliance with donor requirements of all activities.
All funds for a specific project need to comply with all donors’ requirements; this may include specific procurement rules and reporting of expenses. Examples of donor requirements include:
- Anti-terror compliance (vetting, monthly sub-award reports)
- Bidding thresholds and methods
- Source and origin of products policies
- Implement other tasks as requested by the Director
- Assisting other staff as needed in preparation for large events, conferences, etc.
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, or similar field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in HR and procurement
- Excellent command of English language.
- Advanced command in using computer programs
- Proven organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability, with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and their updated CV to
No later than Monday, Jan 15th, 2018
Applications will be processed in strict confidentiality, EcoPeace ME is committed to equal opportunities between male and female competitors.