EcoPeace Middle East is a unique Jordanian-Palestinian-Israeli organization that advances cooperative efforts to protect our shared environment and create the conditions for sustainable development and peace in our region (see this video). An award-winning trailblazer in the field of environmental peacebuilding, EcoPeace has around 45 staff members in our three offices in Ramallah, Amman and Tel Aviv. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of an Administrative Assistant - Ramallah.
Position title: Administrative Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Contract Period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
Working Station: Ramallah, Palestine
Starting Date: ASAP
Reporting Line: Country Director and Finance and Operations Manager
ROLE SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position is responsible for providing high quality, timely and professional administrative support to EcoPalestine/ EcoPeace ME Ramallah Office. The primary responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant include Supporting the Country Director in managing daily schedule, correspondence, and communication with internal and external stakeholders, maintaining an office information management system; answering, forwarding and handling all external and internal communications; greeting and direction of office visitors; handling, copying and distribution of documents; and support the Finance and Operations Manager with office-related administrative needs.
MAIN TASKS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Acting as a first point of contact for the Country Director: screening correspondence and phone calls, determining and implementing actions required and, where appropriate, replying on behalf of the Director.
- Calendar management: scheduling meetings locally and abroad, planning trips abroad including travel logistics.
- Preparing and following up on meetings (briefings, agendas, presentations, and materials)
- Coordinating board and staff meetings.
- Undertaking preparatory duties for conferences and events.
- Taking meeting minutes and preparing letters as requested.
- Managing contacts databases.
- Maintaining the office’s petty cash and its records and preparing the monthly petty cash replenishment reports or when it is needed
- Following up periodic payment of utilities (water, electricity, internet, phone, etc.).
- Managing and Monitoring Stationary & the office supplies
- Coordinating with office cleaner.
- Ensuring that office equipment & Server Backup are in good working condition and monitoring the servicing schedules of computers and other assigned Connections and Networks
- Supporting in the process of inventory of physical assets and control them
- Assisting and facilitating the process of the registration’s renewal and updates with the different governmental ministries.
- Tracking validity of staff permits, and preparing renewals in a timely and efficient manner
- Implementing and enforcing safety standards and criteria for the office.
- Providing other administrative support to the Country Director and Finance and Operations Manager as requested.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- At least two years’ experience in a similar or related administrative support position.
- A university degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Proficiency in Computer Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with multinational organizations focused on development areas is a plus.
- Good Record Keeping
- Polished communications skills – both verbal and written in both English and Arabic (High English language proficiency is a must)
- Multitasking and strong organizational skills, ability to plan, prioritize and execute tasks professionally.
- Able to assess what needs to be done and deliver independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following:
- Page English cover letter summarizing qualifications and interest in the position.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English.
Send application to: [email protected] with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line no later than July 5, 2021.
EcoPeace Middle East provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.