Accounting & Logistics Officer
EcoPalestine is the Palestinian affiliate of EcoPeace Middle East, a unique organization that brings together Jordanian, Palestinian, and Israeli environmentalists. Our primary objective is the promotion of cooperative efforts to protect our shared environmental heritage. In so doing, we seek to advance both sustainable regional development and the creation of necessary conditions for lasting peace in our region. EcoPeace has offices in Amman, Ramallah, and Tel-Aviv.
Job Purpose: The Accounting & Logistics Officer is vested with accounting, financial, and logistics management duties and responsibilities associated with the effective financial operations of the EcoPalestine Organization and reports directly to the Finance and Operations Manager. The Accounting & Logistics Officer will ensure strict compliance and implementation of EcoPalestine/ EcoPeace ME Ramallah office and Donors financial policies, procedures and regulations.
Report to: Finance & Operations Manager (FOM)
Work Station: Ramallah
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Perform financial functions in compliance with EcoPalestine/ EcoPeace ME and Donor’s financial procedures and policies.
- Prepare and verify payments with careful attention to the assignment of proper billing and project codes and proper supporting documents for audit worthiness and validity.
- Liaise with Procurement & HR officer to ensure accurate and timely payment of approved invoices.
- Ensure that the correct documentation is obtained and archived according to Ecopeace’s financial and procurement procedures, and comply with local regulations e.g. taxation, duties clearance, etc.
- Ensure that no invoices are double paid by check previous reports and expense tracking sheets as well as total amount against approved budgets.
- Record financial transactions on the online cloud accounting system (NetSuite) on a daily basis.
- Assist the FOM in the preparation of the monthly cash forecast and request.
- Deposit outstanding Cash/cheques in EcoPalestine bank accounts and follow up with vendors on outstanding checks.
- Maintain vendor statement of accounts at all times.
- Issue bills of collection to staff for personal uses of vehicles and cell phones in a timely manner.
- Issues receipts vouchers for EcoPeace special Travel donation and other small donations.
- Track advances reconciliations and reconcile accounts weekly and monthly and meet with the FOM regularly regarding the financial status
- Inform the Finance and operation Manager of all significant correspondence and non-routine financial issues as they emerge.
- Assist the FOM in preparing monthly financial reports as requested.
- Support the Financial & Operations Manager in internal/external audits.
- Responsible for the safe guarding of data, financial records and banking materials
- Organize and maintain the finance department filing system
- Provide Logistic support to EcoPeace staff including transportation and accommodation.
- Conduct annual inventory review and monitor office assets and supplies.
- Ensure the timely preparation of documentation of any movement of assets.
- In cooperation with Finance, schedules and conducts physical count of assets on different locations, projects, and sites.
- Monitor daily staff travel updates, arrange and adjust field travel for the staff where necessary
- Prepare and arrange the travel reimbursement for the programmatic activity participants.
- Facilitate the logistics and coordination for the activities such as venue, travel and other logistics arrangement like planning of tours for different delegations and relevant constituents including donors, investors, diplomats, stakeholders, government officials and journalists
- Ensure all office supplies are procured and delivered to the EcoPeace Ramallah office; such as stationary, cleaning supplies, refreshments, and other supplies
- Be the focal Point of communication the Internet and IT Maintenance suppliers and other office contracts, and maintenance.
- Maintain and safeguard the logistics Petty cash.
- Any other duties assigned by FOM.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelors’ level education in Accounting.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in accounting.
- Working knowledge of USAID, UN, or other donor’s contractual stipulations and regulations is a plus
- Working Knowledge of Palestinian Authority laws and regulations.
- Understanding safety/security processes and procedures.
- Minimum Two years of working Experience with Local or International NGOs with a similar context.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a complex multi-year program.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; excellent written and oral communication skills. Hebrew is a plus
To apply send your CV and cover letter relating to your motivation for the position and your relevant background qualifications to the email: [email protected] specifying the name of the position.
Deadline to receive application no later than 5 August 2021 at 16:00 pm. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.