JUHOUD for Community and Rural Development is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) established in 2003. Juhoud’s vision is to productively engage youth and women in marginalized areas both economically and civically - in their communities and have a strong sense of belonging and national identity. Juhoud is committed to support the community development in marginalized through supporting employability and job creation for youth and woman, promoting economic development, civic and community engagement, and life-long learning and training using a participatory approach that emphasizes self-reliance and focuses on youth and women while fostering a sense of national and community belonging.
Accordingly, Juhoud for Community seeks the selection and employment of an Accountant
Position Title: Accountant
Reports to: Financial Manger
Deadline for Application: Thursday 11/01/2018 – Time: 12:00 AM
Starting Date: Starting As Soon As Possible
Juhoud is looking for a qualified Accountant
Tasks and Functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage invoices and payment process, ensuring all documentation is accurate and prepared properly and in accordance with Juhoud and donor policies and procedure and local laws.
- Manage (e.g., copy/scan, file hard copies, and save soft copies) of all financial documents for reporting purposes.
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements, bank account reconciliations, journal entries and general ledger operations, monthly financial reports.
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of accounting and accounting control procedures. Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with donor policies and procedures and local laws.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Review all incoming invoices and ensure timely payment of payables.
- Assist the Financial manager with preparation and coordination of annual audit process, and donor compliance reviews.
- Manage filing of financial and accounting records.
- Prepare monthly VAT report, including collecting and copying of all related original tax invoices on timely manner.
- File monthly VAT report to local authorities, as/if required by local law.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- A BA degree in accounting.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a NGO.
- Familiarity and experience with different donors’ policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of local laws and regulations.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft office suite and financial and accounting software applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work cooperatively in a team.
The CV and a Cover Letter (not exceed one page) must be submitted in English to the following address: [email protected] no later than Thursday 11/01/2018 – Time 12:00 AM
Please indicate the Position Title in the E-mail subject line. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.