Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS, starts to implement Envision Gaza 2020 Project (USAID-funded project) which aims to create a path for vulnerable populations in Gaza (including youth, women, and other marginalized groups) to become more resilient and self-reliant by (1) providing basic humanitarian assistance to extremely vulnerable households in the form of food and non-food items, and (2) increasing employment opportunities through short-term employment in the form of cash-for-work, cash-for-internship and cash-for apprenticeship, minor capital investments, and job training.
As a result, SYFS intends to recruit for the following position:
Place: Save Youth Future Society office, Gaza
Report to: Program Manager
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Identification and recruitment of beneficiaries:
- Jointly assess the selection of the project beneficiaries with project field assistant and project coordinator on Gaza Governorate levels.
- Connect/coordinate with relevant community centers, associations, and NGOs to outreach activities of the project.
- Conduct joint on-the-field visits, interview and select potential beneficiaries based on vulnerability criteria as defined from SYFS and CRS.
- Organize “orientation” sessions with selected beneficiaries to make sure of their level of commitment and self-discipline as well as his/her willingness to grow with his/her activity throughout their internships.
Delivery of life skills and key internship trainings
- Plan and organize training timelines according to beneficiaries' availability at workplace.
- Deliver basic management and complementary trainings (such as Marketing) to selected beneficiaries, including theoretical and practical classes, field visits and post-field visits, according to the project methodology.
- Ensure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up field visits, and mentorship visits during their internships.
- Maintain high quality of training.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partner employers to facilitate trainings, and mentorship (at different levels, for collection of beneficiaries’ names, fees collection, etc.)
- Jointly develop a relevant communication strategy to outreach the potential beneficiaries to project services.
- Jointly implement and coordinate monthly activities with project teams and relevant stakeholders
- Jointly assess the specific training needs.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes.
- Report to project leaderships major activities bottlenecks and assist in troubleshooting field and skills gabs among beneficiaries and assist on improved skills and developed competencies.
- Any other tasks assigned by project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related field.
- Three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's.
- Knowledge of livelihoods programming, with focus on Income Generating Activities, internship, leadership, entrepreneurship and business development
- Good report writing skills is an asset.
- Experience as personal / motivational coach/mentor, preferably with heterogeneous groups of people.
- Experience in working with people at risk of social exclusion and/or with disadvantaged communities.
- Past experience in the business sector is an asset.
- Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries is preferred.
- Arabic compulsory, at least pre-intermediate level of English required.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 25/09/2021, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please