Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYFS intends to recruit for the following position:
Title: Fundraising Officer
Place: Save Youth Future Society office, Gaza
Duration: 12 months with possibility of extension
- Assisting with the development of a funding strategy and a portfolio of local and international donors with having the ability to be a key player in the donor charity community for maintaining long term relations with donors.
- Research and follow up on published Calls for Proposals, Concept Notes and Letter of Interest.
- Maintaining a fundraising calendar and coordinate meetings with donors while developing a system list of all contacts and deadlines for grant donor awards and new funding opportunities.
- Developing and strengthening donor relations for contribution in securing significant grant funds to ensure the delivery of SYFS vision and promote its services and successes through both social media and local press.
- Identifying and delivering presentations to interested potential donors.
- Coordinating with different program departments to compile activities information required for writing proposals, including appeals.
- Develop logical frameworks, action plans and tracking sheets in coordination with the Program Development Unit.
- Undertaking independent research in finding alternative resources for funding or grant opportunities.
- Write different types of reports requested by the organization management and donors.
- Follow up on donor requirements and guidelines for timely submission of concept notes and proposals.
- Support General Director with ad hoc tasks.
- Provide Arabic/English translation as necessary.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified expertise with at least 5 years of experience in donor relations, project cycle management and proposal writing.
- Excellent communications skills; able to work independently or within a team comprised of various departments under tight deadlines.
- Proven experience in reporting to major donors, particularly EU and UN Agencies.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English.
- Excellent computer skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 17/08/2022, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please