Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), will start a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce. SYFS is seeking is qualified and experienced soft skills trainer to implement the Interpersonal skills Trainings, it will strengthen the soft skills of university and vocational institute graduates who will participate in the project two tracks. The training will help prepare them to be as effective and professional as possible in seeking longer-term and stable employment following the internship or apprenticeship placement. S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and work on all program activities.
Identification and recruitment of beneficiaries:
- Jointly assess the selection of the project beneficiaries with project field assistant and project coordinator on Gaza and North Gaza Governorate levels.
- Connect/coordinate with relevant community centers, associations, and NGOs to outreach activities of the project.
- Conduct joint on-the-field visits, interview and select potential beneficiaries based on vulnerability criteria as defined from SYFS and CRS.
- Organize “orientation” sessions with selected beneficiaries to make sure of their level of commitment and self-discipline as well as his/her willingness to grow with his/her activity throughout their internships.
Delivery of life skills and key internship trainings
- Plan and organize training timelines according to beneficiaries' availability at workplace.
- Deliver basic management and complementary trainings (such as Marketing) to selected beneficiaries, including theoretical and practical classes, field visits and post-field visits, according to the project methodology.
- Ensure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up field visits, and mentorship visits during their internships.
- Maintain high quality of training.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with partner employers to facilitate trainings, and mentorship (at different levels, for collection of beneficiaries’ names, fees collection, etc.)
- Jointly develop a relevant communication strategy to outreach the potential beneficiaries to project services.
- Jointly implement and coordinate monthly activities with project teams and relevant stakeholders
- Jointly assess the specific training needs.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes.
- Report to project leaderships major activities bottlenecks and assist in troubleshooting field and skills gabs among beneficiaries and assist on improved skills and developed competencies.
- Any other tasks assigned by project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics, or other related field.
- Three years of professional experience in project management, preferably with experience in working with NGO's.
- Knowledge of livelihoods programming, with focus on Income Generating Activities, internship, leadership, entrepreneurship and business development
- Good report writing skills is an asset.
- Experience as personal / motivational coach/mentor, preferably with heterogeneous groups of people.
- Experience in working with people at risk of social exclusion and/or with disadvantaged communities.
- Past experience in the business sector is an asset.
- Additional experience in dealing / closely working with beneficiaries is preferred.
- Arabic compulsory, at least pre-intermediate level of English required.
- Very Good knowledge of Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV including three professional contacts as references to: [email protected]
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Soft Skills Trainer
Deadline for submitting applications 25/11/2020, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please