Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), is implementing a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce. SYFS seeks qualified and experienced Sign language Interpreter to support implementing the project trainings and activities to and with participants with hearing disabilities.
S/he will be reporting directly to the Project coordinator and work on all program activities.
- Providing sign language interpretation services in different project activities including training, internship introductory interviews, field research activities for building business plans and others within the targeted geographic areas.
- Professional translation of educational materials and other audio and visual media in sign language (brochures, films, media flashes, etc.).
- Perform any other sign language interpretation tasks required by the project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree for any related major.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of sign language interpretation.
- Significant work experience with persons with hearing disabilities.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team
- Be familiar with the rules and principles of sign language and abide by professional ethics such as (accurate translation, strict confidentiality).
- Fluent in using the local language
- Be familiar with the characteristics and culture of the people with hearing disabilities.
- Be able to overcome problems and obstacles while interpreting into sign language
- Communicate completely with persons with hearing disabilities using the following elements: (lips, writing, sign, facial expressions, and body)
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV including three professional contacts as references to: [email protected]
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Sign Language Interpreter
Deadline for submitting applications 05/08/2020, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please