Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
SYFS in partnership with the United Nations Office for Project Services ("UNOPS"), starts to perform services in respect of Provision of Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) and Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) including COVID-19 Messages in Gaza. Palestine (UNMAS-funded project) which aims to provide Explosive Ordnance Risk Education (EORE) sessions, Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) sessions, and COVID-19 awareness messages and sessions to all at-risk communities including farmers, school children, municipalities, UN international/national staff, Non-Governmental Organizations(NGOs), Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and for work crews at construction sites, rubble removal sites, solid-waste/scrap collection areas, and workers on reconstruction projects. In addition to providing Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) sessions targeting women to empower them as agents of change. Thereof contribute to the implementation of the Humanitarian Response Plan for the Occupational Palestinian Territories (HRP OpT) and ensure that people know how to mitigate the risk of explosive ordnance.
As a result, SYFS intends to recruit for the following position:
Title: Risk Education Officer
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the development of Risk Education materials in accordance with the prevailing Risk Education situation an as directed by UNMAS Palestine Programme.
- Support the quality assurance and quality control of all Risk Education activities.
- Support in drafting of communication and information materials for project advocacy and visibility.
- Support the planning of project roll-out and activities in coordination with the Project Coordinator.
- Assist the implementation of project activities according to International Mine Action Standards (IMAS) as requested by UNMAS Palestine Programme.
- Conduct Risk Education sessions for the targeted beneficiaries and at the community level according to the project work plans, and in compliance with the organizational rules, regulations and procedures, and donor commitments.
- Collect, assess, and analyze feedback of each Risk Education session and activity through proper reporting channels.
- Support the evaluation of Risk Education sessions and activities in collaboration with the Project Coordinator and report accordingly, to ensure community accountability.
- Assist in the preparation of required documentation/materials to facilitate the project review.
- Draft internal reports on project activities in a timely manner and verify compliance with approved requirements and work plans.
- Contribute to the development of the project activities, work plans through the collection analysis, and reporting of Risk Education and other related needed information.
- Assist in translating Risk Education materials and documents from English to Arabic and vice versa.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience working in training activities.
- Demonstrated experience with community-based organizations.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving.
- Demonstrated experience delivering training in both Arabic and English.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 24/10/2021, no later than 12:00 am.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please