Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Psychologist, Gaza Base (2 Positions)
Purpose: Assist in the implementation of MHPSS activities of MdM France in Gaza and facilitate the delivery of a quality MHPSS Services for individuals and families as well as to improve Communities’ Psychological well-being.
- Capacity Building for Community Early Response teams and MHPSS Teams:
- Training: MHPSS Emergency interventions including PFA, detection and referral. Mental Health Emergency interventions in health facilities, designated shelters and affected communities, Counseling Skills & Techniques Short term- Low intensity psychological interventions, Stress Management & Selfcare Techniques.
- Supervision: Technical Supervision for MHPSS Unit Activities, Technical Supervision for MHPSS Team after trainings.
- Improve the intervention tools of local partners as well as improve their reporting capacities, Mental Health & Psychosocial Assessment forms, files and any other forms related to project activities.
- A degree in Psychology, (Bachelor Major in Psychology or Master in Community Mental Health)
- Proven experience in training and supervising Mental Health Teams
- Proven experience in providing emergency psychological interventions and in training intervention teams on PFA and other mental health emergency intervention techniques.
- Proven Experience in Counseling, MH GAP, Stress Management and Selfcare techniques.
- Proven experience in GBV SOP`s and other locally adapted Mental Health Protocols for the management of MHPSS needs in GBV Survivors.
- Experience in assessing, reporting and managing MHPSS needs in shelters for IDP`s.
- Experience in individual, family and group Interventions.
- Experience in Community Psycho-education and training.
- Previous work experience with international organizations
- Knowledge of MHPSS international guidelines
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Managerial skills
- To be able to work independently.
- Excellent writing skills and Computer skills (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Arabic and English (both written and spoken)
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/ PSY/GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email, or it may not be considered
This position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant subjective to fund start in April 2019.
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday February 14th , 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.