Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and life protection and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local organizations in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip
NPA is now looking for a:
Gaza Projects Officer (GPO)
The Gaza Projects Officer (GPO) is responsible for assisting partners in Gaza in the implementation of approved projects and the development of proposals of activities and budgets assuring that outputs and outcomes are relevant to expected results according to NPA strategies and overall goals.
The GPO is responsible for the regular monitoring and follow up of the projects within NPA Palestine programs, as designated by his/her immediate superior.
The GPO is formally responsible to, and reports to the CPM.
Duration: limited duration contract (Parental Leave Cover) for six months.
- Following up NPA’s partners, assisting them throughout the whole project cycle.
- Supporting CPM in the management of NPA DHC program.
- Contributing to NPA Business Development plans.
- Participating in the development of NPA Strategic Plan.
- Assuring, through regular field visits for monitoring and follow up of the projects and continuous contact with NPA’s partners, that activities implemented are of good quality and continue to be relevant to the expected results throughout the implementation period.
- Providing written reports on the development of the projects after the field visits.
- Revising partners’ activities and financial reports upon receipt.
- Identifying deviations in the implementation of the projects (with regard to activities and expenditures) suggesting corrective measures in a timely manner.
- In cooperation with the finance staff, ensuring that partners’ financial reports meet NPA required standards.
- Identifying needs for capacity building at partners’ level, in cooperation with them, either with regard to programmatic issues or regarding financial and administrative processes and structures.
- Contributing to the identification of new partner organizations.
- Organizing and participate in competence building activities targeting partner organizations.
- Planning for and facilitating reviews or evaluations of projects/partners/programs
- Working in cooperation with the rest of the NPA Palestine team to prepare proposals for new initiatives within the scope of work of NPA.
- Active participation in relevant coordination bodies as assigned by the CPM either in development cooperation networks or in the humanitarian country structure.
- Contributing to information and advocacy work within the country program, as requested by the Management Team.
- Contributing to the production of information from the country program to be used by NPA HO and donors, as requested by the Management Team
- Specific duties:
- Identifying, in cooperation with partners, potential risks for the implementation of projects, suggesting risk management measures.
- Any other tasks or duties that may be requested by the CPM.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Relevant university degree
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with the INGO/NGO sector in Palestine working in development and/or in humanitarian aid.
- Proven experience (or solid training) in at least two of the following topics: IHL, HR, gender mainstreaming, Rights based approach, Monitoring and Follow up, Conflict resolution, organizational development, LFA and/or Management by results.
- Good knowledge of rights-based development cooperation and willingness to gain further knowledge.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Good computer skills, including experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail programs.
- Experience in the Emergency and Humanitarian Response.
- Experience in FSL programming.
- Experience in SGBV programming.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Efficiency & results orientation
- Team-work ability
- Initiative and innovation
- Assertive communication
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Social sensibility
- Service minded
- Continuous learning
NPA Palestine office based in Gaza.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than 23 December 2020
Women are encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.