Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and life protection and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local organizations in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
NPA is now looking for a Project Officer to support its Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) programme, which aims to empower civilians living in conflict-affected areas with the knowledge and skills they need to protect themselves from explosive weapons. The project officer will be responsible for assisting with 1) the organization and support of NPA’s risk education operations in Palestine, and 2) the development of online and media-based CPP training resources and content. The successful applicant must be available to start work immediately.
Conflict Preparedness & Protection (CPP) Project Officer
Brief about the position
The CPP Project Officer position falls under NPA Palestine’s Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) programme.
The CPP Project Officer (CPP PO) is responsible for conducting the self-implementation aspect of CPP projects (conducting of CPP training, training of partners training, development of training curriculums, materials design/development, NPA-based procurement, etc.) and helping to coordinate and monitor CPP operations conducted by NPA’s local implementing partners.
The CPP Project Officer will be responsible for developing NPA Palestine’s online CPP training approach, media, resources, and materials, including - but not limited to – the generation of graphics, video and social media content, as well as its management and dissemination. Accordingly, the CPP Project Officer must have experience in digital content creation, including the production of video, graphical, and written content which is suitable for communicating NPA’s CPP risk education safety messaging to a wide audience. The CPP Project Officer will be responsible for assisting the CPP PM in organizing and coordinating all Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) and Explosive Ordinance Risk Education (EORE) training and related partner activities, including conducting CPP risk education training sessions for project beneficiaries and conducting Quality Control (QC) visits of all CPP field projects.
- Develop and implement NPA Palestine’s online CPP training approach, media, resources, and materials, including - but not limited to – the generation of graphics, video and social media content, as well as its management and dissemination.
- Responsible for assisting the CPP PM and AC in organizing and coordinating all Conflict Preparedness and Protection (CPP) and Explosive Ordinance Risk Education (EORE) training and related partner activities.
- Conduct CPP trainings for beneficiaries living in conflict-affected areas of Gaza.
- Follow up and monitor the implementation of CPP trainings in the Gaza Strip.
- Liaise with Palestinian CBOs and community actors to identify opportunities to conduct remote CPP trainings via video conferencing software.
- Generate online training aids to augment the delivery of remote CPP training sessions for adult heads-of-household, training of trainers in Gaza, and on social media.
- Produce CPP and EORE video content to be televised on television and on Palestinian social media.
- Assist in developing an online training portal that will be used to train Palestinian CPP beneficiaries.
- Assist in social media outreach and public awareness raising targeting Palestinians living in Gaza.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Three years’ experience of video and social media content creation, preferably related to education and/or the humanitarian sector, Technical expertise in video production and associated graphic design programs.
- Experience in conducting instruction, trainings, and/or online video presentation.
- Experience in project support, planning, implementation, and follow up.
- Written & verbal proficiency in English and Arabic are required.
- Previous experience liaising with national authorities, the UN, and other relevant bodies are an advantage.
- Full driving licence.
- Digital content creation and related technical skills.
- Creativity and artistic flair.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership skills and the ability to make decisions.
- Systematic and organized in approach, with ability to work on own initiative including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail, tenacity and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure with limited supervision.
- Ability to adapt to difficult and complex conditions and work in remote areas.
- Excellent health.
NPA Palestine office based i
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than 8th December 2020.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.