Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and life protection and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local organizations in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
NPA is now looking for a:
The Program Manager (PM) reports to the Country Director. The PM ensures that the support and regular monitoring and follow of NPA’s program partners is of high quality and guarantee the added value on NPA in strengthening its partners.
- The PM is part of the Management Team.
- Ensure, in an independent manner, the development, monitoring and management of the programs and projects in Palestine in line with NPA’s overall strategies, plans and policies; in close coordination with the program team and based on authorization from the Country Director.
- Ensure adequate risk management in the program activities, including streamlining integration of risk and security management perspectives in all programmatic processes.
- Ensure good working relationships with the relevant national authorities
- Ensure collaboration with other actors of relevance for the programs, such as relevant political actors, donors, UN, international and local organizations.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Professional qualifications:
- University master or Bachelor degree in Political Science, Management, Development Cooperation or other relevant field for the position and minimum 7 years of proven experience in managing international cooperation programs.
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in humanitarian aid.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in management of people (leadership positions).
- Proven strong analytical skills and excellent knowledge of the political context in Palestine.
- Experience in donor relations.
- Fluent in English and in Arabic languages, both written and spoken.
- Experience with MS Office applications.
Specific technical qualifications:
- Solid understanding of the Rights-based approach and experience in working with this approach.
- Experience and training in organizational development.
- Proven experience and training in gender mainstreaming.
- Proven experience and training in Monitoring and Follow up.
- Experience in fund-raising.
- Knowledge and previous experience of work in the areas of Safety and Security.
- Working experience from the West Bank and other contexts than Palestine.
Participative leadership style, Innovative, Integrity and & results orientation, Team-worker, Flexibility & adaptability, Ability to work under pressure, Social sensibility, Problem-solving, Networking abilities, Good communicator.
NPA Palestine office based in Gaza.
Are you the person NPA is looking for?
Send cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position, salary expectations and your resume in English (addressing relevant areas of experience and knowledge) to [email protected] with the subject “Program Manager”. Applications are welcome latest on 31st January at 13:00.
Women are encouraged to apply!!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.