Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and life protection and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local organizations in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
NPA is now looking for a:
Logistic Assistant (LA)
The Logistics Assistant (LA) is responsible for providing support in logistic office maintenance, procurement management, fleet management, warehouse management, and asset management.
The LA is formally responsible to and reports to the Admin & HR Officer.
Duration: Permanent contract.
- Support AHRO in NPA logistic management system in NPA Palestine Office.
- Promote adherence to NPA guidelines and develop local systems for internal control.
- Implementation of logistical activities in NPA office incl. Logistic office maintenance, procurement management, fleet management, warehouse management, and asset management.
- Implement, adhere to, and monitor NPA logistic management systems.
- Filing and control of all documentation and records related to the above.
- Coordinate & report to Admin & HR Officer (AHRO) for all logistics activities.
- Responsible for day-to-day logistic activities, in coordination with Maintenance & Logistic Assistant (MLA).
- Responsible for all NPA procurement processes according to the NPA procurement manual, cooperated with the manager responsible for the purchase and preparation of all required documents, and kept updating the procurement plan.
- Responsible for asset management and maintenance, including inventories and disposable of faulty assets.
- Keep an overview of validity and duration of NPA: contracts related to hired consultants, office lease, and office asset maintenance, and insurances
- Responsible for fleet management, including license, updating vehicles, generator, fuel logbooks as per NPA forms in cooperation with MLA.
- Responsible for preparations for meetings, events, seminars.
- Support NPA staff and international visitors in all travel arrangements.
- Responsible for office petty cash and preparation of payments in line with NPA regulations.
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records for logistic office maintenance, procurement management, fleet management, warehouse management, planning & forecasting, and asset management.
- Take minutes from the staff meeting, and the draft should be finished within one day of the meeting being held.
- Assist the AHRO in preparing timesheets for all NPA staff.
- Driving when required
- Other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- A university degree in business administration or another related field.
- Valid driving license
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Relevant work experience
- Proven experience in logistics, procurement, consulting services, and Contract Administration.
- Training in logistics/ procurement.
- Experience in using Agresso for procurement or similar platform.
- Previous experience liaising with national authorities.
- Integrity and professionalism
- Efficiency & results orientation
- Team-work ability
- Assertive communication
- Flexibility & adaptability
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Continuous learning
NPA Palestine office based in Gaza.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover-letter to: [email protected] no later than 17th March 2021, and kindly include the job title in the subject line.
Women are encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.