Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and protection of life and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local partners in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
NPA is now looking for a:
Country Program Manager (CPM)
The Country Programme Manager (CPM) is responsible for the management of NPA’s Palestine’s Development and Humanitarian Cooperation (DHC) programs and projects. The CPM reports to the Country Director (CD) for Palestine and are a key member of the Country Management Team. Planning and implementation of the programme is carried out in coordination with the country programme team, under supervision of the Country Director.
All responsibilities and reporting are carried out in accordance with the strategic objectives of NPA as per the organizations strategic priorities, Regulation for Delegation of Authorisation and other relevant procedures and guidelines in the Quality Management System and DHC Programme Handbook, as well as approved local guidelines and regulations.
The CPM assist the CD in following up instructions and requests from NPA Head Office in Oslo.
In addition, the CPM is responsible for line-managing Gaza and Westbank Programme Coordinators, and maintains close collaboration with financial and administrative staff.
- Be part of the country management team for the NPA Palestine office, responsible for the overall development of the NPA programme in country.
- Develop and strengthen the framework of partnership with civil society organizations in line with NPA’s policies and strategic objectives
- Ensure that humanitarian programs are based on needs, are relevant, effective and efficient in maintaining human dignity and alleviate suffering by people affected by conflict.
- Ensure adequate risk management, including the financial and operational risks and security management perspectives in all programmatic processes.
- Line-manage Gaza and Westbank programme personnel, including performance appraisal and capacity development of staff.
- Support cross-cutting focal points in developing tools and methodology to mainstream gender, inclusion, environmental concern, accountability, and Do No Harm
- Supervise and ensure the development of proposals, budgets, and reports in line with NPA standards and donor requirements for approval by NPA Head Office and ensure timely submission.
- Overall budget and technical management, including budgeting, monitoring, and reporting in compliance with NPA’s Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Carry out risk analysis and conflict analysis and its impact on programme plans with up to date context understanding.
- Support the CD and management team with relevant context and political analysis, in particular in the sectors in which the programme is active.
- Contribute to the overall internal controls of NPA country programmes and ensure the programme adheres to the NPA Anti-Corruption Policy.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum masters’ degree in social science/humanities or similar disciplines. Long (+6 years) relevant experience can compensate for masters’ degree requirement.
- Minimum three years’ experience in similar position, with similar responsibilities.
- Experience as program manager from an international context
- Proven experience in one of the technical areas (Civil Society Development, Human Rights, Food Security and Livelihood)
- Proven experience from working with partner organizations in the context of shrinking space for civil society.
- Full proficiency in Arabic and English
- Documented track record in developing and implementing strategies, plans and achieving objectives
- Good knowledge of donor regulations, including budgeting and finance management
- Good knowledge of ICT tools and technology
- Efficient administration of the organization’s processes and resources focusing on the achievement of the expected results
- Capacity to coordinate and collaborate with others to ensure a good working climate and the achievement of NPA’s objectives.
- Capacity to express verbally and in written ideas, disagreement, knowledge and feelings achieving the expected result.
NPA Palestine office based in Gaza, with frequent duty travel for West Bank and abroad. The position is a national position meaning any resident with the ability to obtain a work permit and has the ability to work in Gaza.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit an application online HERE no later than Sunday, 29 March 2020
Women are encouraged to apply!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.