The Palestine Country Office of DVV International is seeking a new team member starting from the 15th of June 2021 to assist projects funded by multiple donors including BMZ and EU:
Title of the Position: Projects Administrative Assistant
Capacity: Full time (40 hours weekly)
Location: Ramallah, with regular field work in West Bank and Jerusalem.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting with projects’ management, i.e. organising meetings, conferences, workshops taking care of travel arrangements, venues, catering, compiling material, sending out invitations, compiling media reports etc;
- Day-to-day coordination, logistics support, keeping files of the projects;
- Facilitating and participating in follow up and field visits by the projects’ teams to partners in West Bank and Jerusalem;
- Organizing meetings with local community members;
- Taking meetings minutes, sharing information with team members etc.
- Contributing to translation of documents;
- Contributing to drafting reports;
- Follow up on offices, assuring same documentation, arrangements, etc for Gaza and Ramallah;
- Other administrative tasks, such as filing, copying, faxing, telephone service etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Professional knowledge and experience
- Degree – preferably in business administration, management or related fields;
- At least three years of work experience in administrative/ financial and/ or project assistance fields.
- At least one year of experience in assisting/ managing international projects, especially EU funded initiatives;
- Knowledge of project cycle management;
Additional preferable knowledge and experience
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting;
- Experience in planning/ coordinating/ managing/ curating public and specific cultural/ artistic/ and touristic events;
- Knowledge and experience in managing social media and digital events, press writing, storytelling etc.;
- Experience in coordinating international travel plans/ bookings/ visa applications and processes etc.
Skills and competencies
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Excellent abilities in technical and systematic writing in both Arabic and English languages;
- Genuine interest in and adequate knowledge of the Palestinian educational, cultural, historical, social, political and economic contexts;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to multitasking and organised approach to daily work;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
Employment is for 100%, intended to start on the 15th of June 2021 with annual contracts that are renewable based on annual evaluation. First six months are considered a probationary period.
DVV International will provide the following:
- A monthly salary of 3,300 ILS including income tax that will be deducted by DVV International on a monthly basis.
- A share of a 13th month salary, paid at the end of the year reflecting the months of actual employment within the same year.
- Provision of health insurance (if not covered by other insurance plans and based on agreement with the employee).
- And end of service provision in accordance with the Palestinian Labour Law upon final termination of the contract.
Please send the following in English:
- Your CV with a list of three references and their updated contact information and explaining their professional relation to you; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 5th June 2020, no later than 4:00 PM, local time.
Please use the following as a title of your email: Projects Assistant – West Bank.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Ramallah.
DVV International believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!