Project Manager / Cultural Education
for the DVV International Country Office/ Ramallah
About DVV International
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany.
As the leading professional organisation in the field of adult education and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to supporting lifelong learning for 50 years. DVV International provides worldwide support for the establishment and development of sustainable structures for Youth and Adult Education.
We are a professional partner in dialogue with the local people. To achieve this, we cooperate with more than 200 civil society, government and academic partners in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. Our country and regional offices build local and regional cooperation and ensure the quality and effectiveness of our action in our partner countries. Our work focuses on literacy and basic education, vocational training, global and intercultural learning, environmental education and sustainable development, migration and integration, refugee work, health education, conflict prevention and democracy education.
The Country Office in Palestine has been launched in 2012, and has since then partnered with tens of national and local partners from the governmental sector and the civil society and community-based organisations.
About the Project - Stories of Palestine
DVV International in partnership with Dar al-Kalima University, and in cooperation with eight community centres for education of youth and adults in West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem, implement the "Stories of Palestine" project. The three-year project is funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The project’s goal is to enhance civil society’s engagement in preserving, reinforcing and promoting Palestinian culture. Particularly, it aims at strengthening contribution of community-based youth and adult education centres in Palestinian rural areas and communities that are less exposed to the various artistic expressions in fostering cultural education and action.
The "Stories of Palestine" project aspires to achieve its desired goals through three phases:
First phase: Building capacities of eight community centres for youth and adult education in in provision of cultural education and cultural actions that promote local cultural heritage, active civic engagement of local women, men and youth, and values of tolerance and respect of cultural diversity.
Second phase: Enhancing participation of the targeted communities in cultural and artistic expression by increasing opportunities for quality local cultural education and action.
Third phase: Raising public awareness about the Palestinian cultural heritage and the narrative, in Palestine and Europe.
DVV International is looking for a Project Manager for the Stories of Palestine Project, starting from 01st of February 2022.
Title of the Position: Project Manager
Capacity: Full time (40 hours weekly)
Location: Ramallah, with regular field work in West Bank and Jerusalem and overseeing project’s activities and project’s staff in Gaza.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- providing on-going technical support, coaching and guidance to the co-applicant and community-based organisations;
- development and implementation of community based cultural education methods;
- development of effective tools to address sensitive issues like gender-based violence and disability inclusion in close coordination and collaboration with the co-applicant and community-based organisations;
- manage and coordinate sub-granting,
- selection and establishment of start-up businesses, organisation of activities and festivals in European countries;
- project monitoring and follow up activities;
- facilitate a variety of public events and community-based dialogue and consultation sessions and
- elaborate on and submit project reports to the Director and the Head Quarters.
- Professional knowledge and experience
- Degree in culture/ arts or relevant social sciences;
- At least three years of work experience in managing international projects, at least one of which is in EU funded initiatives;
- Proven experience in capacity building and training in the culture/ arts sector;
- Knowledge of project cycle management;
- Experience in either community mobilisation or organisational development;
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools;
- Direct work experience in project management capacity.
Additional preferable knowledge and experience
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting;
- Experience in administration/ supervision/ management and/ or capacity building of start-up businesses and development of business models;
- Experience in planning/ coordinating/ managing/ curating public and specific cultural/ artistic/ and touristic events;
- Knowledge and experience in managing social media and digital events, press writing, storytelling etc.;
- Experience in coordinating and overseeing international travel plans/ bookings/ visa applications and processes etc.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and competencies
The ideal candidate would possess the following as a must:
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Excellent abilities in technical and systematic writing in both Arabic and English languages;
- Genuine interest in and adequate knowledge of the Palestinian cultural, historical, social, political and economic contexts;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
Employment is for 100%, two years, intended to start on the 1st of February 2022 with annual contracts that are renewable based on annual evaluation. First six months are considered a probationary period.
The monthly net salary of this position is ILS 4600, in addition to which the income tax, medical insurance, end of service provision and any other employee’s rights based on the Palestinian Labour Law will be arranged.
Please send the following in English:
- Your CV with a list of three references and their updated contact information; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 15th January 2022, before 4:00 PM:
Please use the following as a title of your email: Project Manager – Cultural Education Project.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Ramallah.
DVV International believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!