Project Coordinator Assistant / Cultural Education
for the DVV International Country Office/ Ramallah
About DVV International
DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the Deutscher Volkshochschul-Verband e.V. (DVV), the German Adult Education Association. DVV represents the interests of the approximately 900 adult education centres (Volkshochschulen) and their state associations, the largest further education providers in Germany.
As the leading professional organisation in the field of adult education and development cooperation, DVV International has committed itself to supporting lifelong learning for 50 years. DVV International provides worldwide support for the establishment and development of sustainable structures for Youth and Adult Education.
We are a professional partner in dialogue with the local people. To achieve this, we cooperate with more than 200 civil society, government and academic partners in more than 30 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. Our country and regional offices build local and regional cooperation and ensure the quality and effectiveness of our action in our partner countries. Our work focuses on literacy and basic education, vocational training, global and intercultural learning, environmental education and sustainable development, migration and integration, refugee work, health education, conflict prevention and democracy education.
The Country Office in Palestine has been launched in 2012, and has since then partnered with tens of national and local partners from the governmental sector and the civil society and community-based organisations.
About the Project - Stories of Palestine
DVV International in partnership with Dar al-Kalima University, and in cooperation with eight community centres for education of youth and adults in West Bank, Gaza Strip and Jerusalem, implement the "Stories of Palestine" project. The three-year project is funded by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
The project’s goal is to enhance civil society’s engagement in preserving, reinforcing and promoting Palestinian culture. Particularly, it aims at strengthening contribution of community-based youth and adult education centres in Palestinian rural areas and communities that are less exposed to the various artistic expressions in fostering cultural education and action.
The "Stories of Palestine" project aspires to achieve its desired goals through three phases:
First phase: Building capacities of eight community centres for youth and adult education in in provision of cultural education and cultural actions that promote local cultural heritage, active civic engagement of local women, men and youth, and values of tolerance and respect of cultural diversity.
Second phase: Enhancing participation of the targeted communities in cultural and artistic expression by increasing opportunities for quality local cultural education and action.
Third phase: Raising public awareness about the Palestinian cultural heritage and the narrative, in Palestine and Europe.
DVV International is looking for a Project Coordinator Assistant for the Stories of Palestine Project, for a fixed contract, unrenewable.
Title of the Position: Project Coordinator Assistant
Capacity: Full time (40 hours weekly)
Location: Ramallah, with regular field work in West Bank and Jerusalem.
Starting date: 01.11.2022
Ending date: 30.10.2023 unrenewable.
Deadline of application: 18.10.2022 at 16:00.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Day-to-day follow up and support to the project’s team at the organisation and the implementing partner, in addition to the targeted partner centres in implementing the project’s activities as indicated in the project’s action plan;
- Day-to-day follow up and support to the targeted partner centres that received the project’s sub-granting agreements in West Bank and Jerusalem based on their agreement and agreed indicators/ plans;
- Facilitating and participating in follow up and field visits by the project’s team to partners in West Bank and Jerusalem;
- Contributing to preparation for, coordination and implementation of the main events; including taking main responsibility of photographing the main events, contacting media agencies, preparing social media materials, press releases; and documenting the published stories/ news;
- Coordinating the process of development and implementation of the cultural documentation projects of the targeted partner centres and the cultural documentation projects by the organisation and the implementing partner;
- Coordinating with the implementing partner the process of preparation and implementation of the cultural festival in Palestine and Europe;
- Taking project’s meetings minutes, sharing information with team members etc.
- Contributing to translation of documents related to the project;
- Contributing to drafting activity reports and the interim and final reports of the project;
- Maintaining and updating the project’s main files based on the instructions from the HQ of DVV International including the HR file of the project’s team including their monthly time sheets;
- Other tasks within the scope of this position as identified by the Country Director.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Professional knowledge and experience
- A BA degree – preferably in business administration or culture/ arts or related social sciences;
- At least two years of work experience in administrative and/ or coordination assistance fields.
- At least one year of experience in assisting/ managing international projects, especially EU funded initiatives;
- Knowledge of project cycle management;
Additional preferable knowledge and experience
- Experience in administration and coordination of sub-granting;
- Experience in planning/ coordinating/ managing/ curating public and specific cultural/ artistic/ and touristic events;
- Knowledge and experience in managing social media and digital events, press writing, storytelling etc.;
- Experience in coordinating international travel plans/ bookings/ visa applications and processes etc.
Skills and competencies
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken);
- Adequate ability to use and manage digital communication and learning tools;
- Excellent abilities in technical and systematic writing in both Arabic and English languages;
- Genuine interest in and adequate knowledge of the Palestinian educational, cultural, historical, social, political and economic contexts;
- Be energetic, flexible and adaptable in their approach;
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels;
- Ability to multitasking and organised approach to daily work;
- Ability to prioritise and work to set timescales and procedures;
- A valid driving licence.
Employment is for 100%, intended to start on the 1st of November 2022 and ends on the 31st of October 2023. First three months are considered a probationary period, that may be renewed for another 3 months.
The monthly net salary of this position is ILS 3000 in addition to the income tax that will be paid if applicable directly by the organisation. Individual medical insurance and end of service provision will be arranged starting from the end of the probation period.
How to apply?
Please send the following in English:
- Your CV with a list of three references and their updated contact information; at least one of which being a previous employer, and
- A motivation letter that explains how you are a suitable candidate for this position.
to the following email address by the 18th of October, before 4:00 PM:
Please use the following as a title of your email: Project Coordinator Assistant – Stories of Palestine Project.
Only applications that include all requested information will be reviewed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview in Ramallah.
DVV International believes in and will ensure equal-opportunity and equal treatment for all female and male candidates who are eligible for this position.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!