TERMS OF REFERENCE
WEST BANK - OPT
Alianza por la Solidaridad (Alianza) is a Spanish NGO existing since more than 30 years and
present in the Middle East since 1993. Since 2009 it has developed a process of sectorial and
geographical targeting for its interventions, which meant the prioritization of women’s rights and
gender equality. Alianza por la Solidaridad (Alianza) in the Middle East works within three main
lines of action:
• Prevention and response for Gender Based Violence, individual and community approach.
• Women´s economic empowerment.
• Women´s participation and active citizenship.
Alianza maintains stable local partners with whom it works in a sustained manner and deepening
not the relations and regular contacts through the office in the field, but a fluid communication
and analysis of the changes caused by the protracted conflict-related crisis and humanitarian
situation in Palestine. Engaging men is a key piece to achieve meaningful results in gender
equality, therefore, since 2017 there is a progressive work on implementing a new masculinities
approach with community members and with CBOs, partners and other key actors. Alianza works
closely with its partners and support their work in a manner that represent Alianza and the
partners values. Alianza has extensive experience and expertise on women´s rights and there is a
high degree of knowledge about the environment and only relation with the population, civil
society organizations, other humanitarian actors and local public entities. Alianza por la
Solidaridad is member of Action Aid since June 2018.
Action Aid and Alianza share the idea that when people become aware that their future is in their
hands and when they organize to challenge power structures and contribute to the betterment
and changing of institutions, changes can succeed. These changes should take place on a global
scale in order to generate maximum impact, and they should be rooted in the political values of
solidarity and internationalism. In addition, for Action Aid and Alianza, Social justice, gender
equality, and climate justice succeed through individual and collective actions that actively change
inequitable and unjust power relationships, either hidden, visible, or invisible, from the home to
local, national, and international spaces. The empowerment of people that live in poverty and
marginalization, and of women and youth is a crucial part of creating these changes. Collective
efforts and fights are stronger when they are bound together through solidarity, campaigns, and
common causes between communities, organizations, and social movements and other allies to
influence local and global institutions and public policy.
Alianza is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual
harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are also
committed to preventing and responding to any form of sexual harassment, exploitation and
child abuse and abuse of adults at-risk, whether carried out by staff/representatives or resulting
from our work. Alianza expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our
code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and
demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The Project Officer is responsible for the implementation of projects, where he/she will be
responsible for supervising the implementation partners activities and coordinate Alianza’s
Reporting Line: the project officer will work in coordination with the team and will report to
the Area Manager.
Geographical and sectorial area of intervention:
West Bank. Women’s rights, Gender Based Violence, Humanitarian Action, Employability,
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The project officer is expected to engage on the following tasks:
Support and coordinate the implementation of the project:
• General supervision, planning and development of projects:
o Ensure a proper planning of the intervention with local partners in accordance
with projects and donor’s regulations.
• Be in the planning process with the partners (monthly)
• Participating in developing action-plans for the projects.
• kick-off meetings and project closing activities (feedback and accountability
o Supervision, monitoring and follow-up of projects implementation according to
the work plan
ensuring that APS activities are well-implemented and in line with the theme
and outcomes of the project.
o Ensuring timely and effective implementation of the activities.
o Supporting partners in the implementation of activities when needed
• Responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and consolidating the day-to-day running to
ensure the smooth implementation of the project in the field.
• Drafting ToR and leading selection processes of technical services when needed
• Drafting contracts
• Contributing to the risk assessment and risk mitigation of the project.
• Facilitating the coordination among the APS project team.
• Perform the technical and financial follow up and reporting of activities in accordance with
o Engaging in the project management cycle and reporting against indicators.
o SoV collection and check (each 3 months) (collecting, extracting data, scan,
archiving, upload and insert them to the SharePoint), and ensure all documents are
correctly translated (by the partners) in english.
o Translate the SoV into Spanish if needed (with an online translator)
o Reporting collection and check (each 3 months) of the quarter reports and final
reports of partners (both technical and financial).
o Support the evaluations and other consultancy process
o Collaborate with the admin and finances department
o Be aware of donor regulations and explain to partners whenever needed.
o Elaborate the reports of APS activities
o Ensure that all relevant documents are always updated in the sharepoint.
• Support in the identification of new proposals and strategic opportunities in
coordination with the representative and the area coordinator.
• Support in development of new project proposals
Communication and Advocacy, Humanitarian Coordination and Representation of Alianza
• Institutional representation when required.
• Maintain the Communications with target groups, partners, and public institutions.
• Implement the internal Communications policies and tools.
Security and Code of Conduct
• Apply and adhere to the internal regulations in Alianza office in Palestine, including
• Respect Alianza’s code of conduct for the office
IN ADDITION, HE/SHE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR OTHER TASKS THAT MAY BE ENTRUSTED TO
HIM/HER BY THE DIRECT SUPERVISOR.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Required qualifications and experience:
• An advanced degree in Development studies, Gender Studies, Social Work, Human
Rights or another related field
• Additional studies in gender and development, gender-based violence, women´s rights,
Women´s economic empowerment
• At least 2 years of experience in Gender and development projects in international
NGOs, including technical and financial reporting in accordance with donor standards.
• Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, implementation, monitoring,
and evaluation, in particular from a gender perspective and human rights approach.
Required skills and knowledge:
• Familiar with working with European and International donors.
• Skills in leading meetings, workshops and focus groups.
• Familiar with results-based management, logical framework and monitoring and
• Strong affinity with and easily use various digital tools and new technologies.
• Excellent analytical, communicational and writing skills.
• Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic.
• Conflict sensitive approach
• Availability to travel
• Both Arabic/English working command is compulsory
• Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
• Process facilitation, negotiation, influencing skills
• Proposal development and writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
• Ability to work independently
CONTRACT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
APS will provide a Part-time Labour Contract with an 80% involvement per week (From Monday to Thursday)
The starting date ASAP. The exact salary will be defined according to
the relevant experience for the position and in accourdance with the organization salary scale.
The Project Officer will be based in Jerusalem office but travels to the West Bank and Gaza can be expected. Costs of trips to West Bank and Gaza are covered by Alianza according to the organization standards.
Estimated duration of the contract is until 31st July 2024, with 3-month probation period with
possibilities of extension depending on funds availability.
Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.
Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race,
colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Interested applicants must include:
• A resume (in English)
• A cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e- mail to [email protected] no later than
Tuesday, 25th of July 2023 at 11:59 PM local time in Palestine and include the “Project Officer +
Name” in the subject line and cover letter. The organisation reserves the right to close the
process earlier if a suitable person is found.
Applications received after this date will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be
• She/he will be based in Alianza’s office in East Jerusalem.
• She/he will be required to travel as much as necessary within Palestine for the proper
performance of her duties.