IECD (Institut Européen de Coopération et Développement), is a French development organization operating in the field of international solidarity. Since 1988, it fosters economic and social development in 15 countries. Thirty years of experience have enabled IECD to develop a strong know-how in technical and vocational training, support to small businesses and access to education and health for the most vulnerable. IECD is operating in the Palestinian Territories since 2007. In a context both economically and socially constrained, IECD has focused its action on the East-Jerusalem region.
Since 2013, IECD and its partners operate a project supporting micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The MSE project is set-up to respond to the individual needs of entrepreneurs by strengthening their entrepreneurial skills and changing their mindset towards their business. The goal is to empower them and increase their capacity to sustain their economic activities, settle their own goals, and in the end strengthen the economic resilience of their households and impacting their community at large.
To do so, the program addresses the needs of future and existing entrepreneurs in terms of business management, going through the key issues to pilot a company, including pricing, cash flow management, relations with customers, fiscal and legal environment, savings, credits and investments. It assists heads of small business or start-up entrepreneurs to use management tools and apply sound principles of management, primarily through training and a personalized follow-up.
To implement its activities, IECD is currently recruiting an MSE project manager assistant.
The MSE Project Assistant is placed under the responsibility and supervision of the MSE Project Manager and contributes to ensure that the strategy is well implemented and followed-up. He/she plays a key role in various tasks related to Monitoring and Evaluation of the project, in communication (external and internal communication), and supporting the administrative aspects of the project such as in HR, logistics, and administration.
- Prepares the yearly external/internal communication plan and update it regularly
- Actively participates in the realization and design of newsletters, flyers, publications and press releases, and manages the Facebook page and/or other social media
- Ensures good relationships with customers, beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders.
DIRECT SUPPORT TO MSE TEAM
- Attends meetings with partners upon needs of MSE PM
- Translates and/or take notes during meetings, upon needs
- Prepares minutes of meetings
- Designs trainings’ material (guidelines, Powerpoint presentation)
- Is responsible for satisfaction and impact surveys
- Support on the organisation of activities and trainings.
MONITORING & EVALUATION (M&E) OF MSE PROJECT
- Ensures the implementation of M&E tools and keeps the forms updated.
- Collects and archives all documents related M&E.
- Enters data collected from the M&E tools.
- Compiles and analyzes data.
- Prepares M&E and surveys’ reports in Arabic and/or in English.
- Provides quantitative and/or qualitative data to MSE Project Manager, upon request, and depending on proposals’ and reports’ needs.
- Purchase of goods or services
- Management of administrative documents
- Archive tasks
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic background: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Sales, Communication or related field.
Professional experience: previous work experience in similar positions in NGOs or private sector.
- Planification and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong motivation to work in the field with various profiles of beneficiaries and partners, including vulnerable communities with low-levels of revenues and education
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Native speaker in Arabic, with good level of spoken and written English
- Driving license is a strong plus
Status: Palestinian-law fixed term contract
Location: Al Aizarieh, with frequent travel in Jerusalem and the East Jerusalem region
Starting date: as soon as possible
Under the responsibility of: the MSE project manager
- Remuneration according to profile
- Health insurance
- Paid leaves: according to Palestinian laws
Send CV and motivation letter with the reference “Project Manager Assistant” to the assistant head of project department,