IECD (Institut Européen de Coopération et Développement), is a French development organization operating in the field of international solidarity. Since 1988, it fosters economic and social development in 15 emerging countries. Thirty years of experience have enabled IECD to develop a strong know-how in technical and vocational training, support to small businesses and access to education and health for the most vulnerable.
IECD is operating in the Palestinian Territories since 2007. In a context both economically and socially constrained. In this environment, IECD is addressing the needs of the Palestinian society through three projects: Al Hamawi educational center in Azariah, a project to support Micro and Small Entrepreneurs in the East Jerusalem governorate and an initiative to support vulnerable youth in the central Palestine area.
IECD is committed to promote the employability of disadvantaged youth through different kind of projects. One is the implementation of short vocational trainings and support to the Career Service Office (CSO) in the Don Bosco school in Bethlehem. The program is based on a holistic, practice oriented training approach according to the needs of the market and the new emerging trends in the economy. An insertion program will facilitate the integration of the youth in the labor market.
Under the responsibility of the Head of Mission in Palestine and in coordination with the project managers of other programs, IECD is searching for a PROJECT COORDINATOR (m/w) to comply with the following activities:
- Prepare the launch of a short vocational training program
- Accompanying a market assessment to check the needs of the labour market in the area for TVET graduates, with a special focus on women
- Collect and update existing data on the development of the TVET sector
- Define the most relevant, employment oriented paths that can be provided as short trainings
- Ensure the adequate quality of the training facilities and equipment. Eventually, to organise the procurement of new tools.
- Coordinate the revision of training curricula or creation of training curricula (use of IECD methodology to develop curricula, recruitment of technical and pedagogical experts, coordination with pedagogical expert in Paris)
- Coordination of the recruitment and training of trainers
- Implementation of the short training education plan:
- Training of the CSO on IECD methodology of recruitment of beneficiaries, training implementation, monitoring and evaluation and placement and follow up
- Monitoring and follow up of the activities
- Identify the areas of improvement and provide recommendations for adjustments
- Implement capacity building for the CSO and coordinate with the Salesian school (Don Bosco) for an effective, quality implementation of the program
- Create a trust environment with the CSO, analyse their needs for support and capacity building
- Organise trainings for the CSO and create or improve tools to facilitate such trainings
- Support and coach the CSO on planning their activities and implementing them
- With the CSO, evaluate the activities organise and make recommendations to solve difficulties or improve the quality of the activities
- Participate and support the development of the CSO network with companies and employers
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of the CSO and report regularly on the activities done
- Organise regular meetings with the CSO and the school management to follow up on the different phases of the training implementation: planning, outreach, training schedule, placement activities
- Coordinate logistics for the short trainings program
- Management of the project environnement
- Follow up and coordinate regularly with IECD VTC expert
- Join IECD internal coordination meetings organised by the Head of Mission
- Participate in regular meetings with partners to evaluate the progress of the implementation
- Contribute to create synergies between the different components of the project
- Network with companies and other economic players in the Bethlehem area
- Ensure constructive, positive relationships with local institutions and authorities
- Participate in sectorial meetings, conferences or workshops organised by local authorities or stakeholders
- Internal and external reporting
- Elaboration of regular narrative and finance reporting in English according to the donor’s requirements
- Elaboration of monthly and yearly internal reporting in English according to the requirements of IECD
- Implementation of the financial management tools
- Budget management and coordination with IECD Palestine financial officer
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Arab language is compulsory
Education : University degree in education or business with sound knowledge and skills in project management
Experience : 5 years at least in the private, public or NGO sector.
- Experience in education (esp. vocational training) is of advantage
- Experience in projects to promote youth employability is a plus
- Proven experience in project and team management (references required)
- Very good skills in budget and financial management
- Very good level in English written and spoken
- Good knowledge of the Palestinian education ecosystem in general and of the vocational training field in particular
- Good interpersonnel and communication skills
- Experience in dealing with partners from the public and private sphere
- Commitment with vulnerable parts of the Palestinian society
- Very good organisation skills with a high level of adaptability and flexibility
- Inclusive, goal-oriented management style based on delegation and team work
- Interested in human development and capacity building
- Compliance with IECD values: focus on the person, principle of service and professional commitment.
Send your CV to: [email protected] before 31 Oct 2020.