IECD (Institut Européen de Coopération et Développement), is a French development organization operating in the field of international solidarity. Since 1988, it fosters economic and social development in 15 countries. Thirty years of experience have enabled IECD to develop a strong know-how in technical and vocational training, support to small businesses and access to education and health for the most vulnerable. IECD is operating in the Palestinian Territories since 2007. In a context both economically and socially constrained, IECD has focused its action on the East-Jerusalem region.
Since 2013, IECD and its partners operate a project supporting micro and small enterprises (MSEs). The MSE project is set-up to respond to the individual needs of entrepreneurs by strengthening their entrepreneurial skills and changing their mindset towards their business. The goal is to empower them and increase their capacity to sustain their economic activities, settle their own goals, and in the end strengthen the economic resilience of their households and impacting their community at large.
To do so, the program addresses the needs of future and existing entrepreneurs in terms of business management, going through the key issues to pilot a company, including pricing, cash flow management, and relations with customers, fiscal and legal environment, savings, credits and investments. It assists heads of small business or start-up entrepreneurs to use management tools and apply sound principles of management, primarily through training and a personalized follow-up.
To implement its activities, IECD is currently recruiting an MSE trainer. Under the responsibility of the project manager, his/her mission will be to:
- Identify and recruit entrepreneurs willing to be trained by the project’s team
- Prospect potential beneficiaries directly through field visits and interviews, based on IECD methodology
- Identify villages and Palestinian areas of the Jerusalem region with large concentrations of micro and small businesses
- Connect with relevant community centers, associations, NGOs and municipalities to outreach on the project and gather existing lists of entrepreneurs and potential beneficiaries on the action
- Organize orientation sessions with selected entrepreneurs to ensure their level of comittment, self-discipline, and willingness to grow in their business
- Deliver trainings in basic management to existing and future entrepreneurs
- Plan and organize trainings according to entrepreneurs’ availability
- Deliver start-up, basic management and complementary trainings (such as Marketing) to improve the skills of future and exiting entrepreneurs, including theoretical and practical classes, field visits and post-field visits
- Insure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquire knowledge through regular and individual follow-up field visits during and after the training
- Ensure that a minimum of 15 entrepreneurs take part to trainings with a minimum of 80% attendance
- Maintain high quality standards for the trainings
- Develop and maintain good relationships with entrepreneurs and local organizations to facilitate trainings (at different levels, for collection of beneficiaries’ names, fees collection, etc.)
- Participate to the development of Clubs of entrepreneurs
- Under the supervision of the project coordinator, organize and coordinate monthly activities and annual events proposed by the Clubs of Entrepreneurs in the Jerusalem region
- Organize and conduct specialized trainings (marketing, accounting, IT, etc.)
- Organize field trips for beneficiaries to visit suppliers, other MSEs, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the results and impact of the trainings
- Insure that reporting tools and forms are fully filled and delivered to the Project Manager in a timely manner
- Collect socioeconomic data and enter them in a database in order to assess the project’s impacts and outcomes as well as entrepreneurs’ profiles and living conditions
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes
- Implement IECD methodology
The MSE project is based on an existing methodology that includes training contents, field visits and monitoring and evaluation tools. The MSE trainer is requested to apply this methodology strictly, which includes:
- Understand, respect and implement IECD’s training contents and support methodology
- Understand, respect and implement IECD’s monitoring and evaluation tools
- Respect administrative and logistic procedures set by IECD
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic background: Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Sales, Engineering or related field.
Professional experience: previous work experience in the private sector, Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Marketing/Sales, Engineering or related field. Experience in managing a small company is a strong plus.
- Strong interest and good knowledge of the Palestinian private sector
- Taste for field work
- Driving license
- Excellent interpersonal and teaching skills
- Strong motivation to work in the field with various profiles of beneficiaries and partners, including vulnerable communities with low-levels of revenues and education
- Planification and organizational skills
- Adaptability and excellent listening skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Native speaker in Arabic, with good level of spoken and written English
Status: Palestinian-law fixed term contract
Location: Al Aizarieh, with frequent travel in Jerusalem and the East Jerusalem region
Starting date: as soon as possible
Under the responsibility of: the MSE project manager
- Remuneration according to profile
- Home to work transportation
- Health insurance
- Paid leaves: according to Palestinian laws
Send CV and motivation letter with the reference “MSE-Trainer” to the assistant head of project department,