Arab Agronomists Association is an independent Non-Governmental Association that adapts the Notion of “Contributing to the development of the agricultural and rural Palestinian society” through working in the field of sustainable agriculture development and developing the human recourses, in addition to establishing specialized agricultural communities. AAA has been established in 2007, and was officially registered in the Palestinian ministry of interior, registration NO (RA-22503-A). AAA headquarter is located in the city of Ramallah, AAA implements all its’ projects and programs through a staff of agronomists who provide field extension in all Palestinian agricultural areas in West Bank.
AAA is implementing a reclamation and development agricultural land in West of Salfit Governorate, and seeking a qualified candidate to work as a Project Manager. The scope of work includes to all the management duties to implement the project in a perfect way of all related activities to the project in the field. The Project Manager will work under the Higher Management. AAA is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
- Position Title: Project Manager.
- Contract Period: 10 months – full time.
- Location: Ramallah and Salfit Governorates.
- Starting date: Dec. 12th, 2018.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within national/ regional/ local agriculture and food systems networks. This includes supporting food access work and the grow owned farmland by farmers.
- Provide oversight and management of project operations, including supervision of field supervisors, cost, budget management, technical writing, recruitment, project evaluation, strategy development and follow of the activities.
- Mentoring of junior staff on new business activities.
- This position is also responsible for cooperation between all stockholders.
- Implementation of project activities including the development of work plans, recruitment of personnel, and management of Activity Teams.
- Assuring quality control of project activities, including supporting fielded teams, reviewing work deliverables, and providing value-added feedback.
- Management of project budgets and activity resources.
- Maintain positive relationships with partners and farmers and integrate them on new business
- Contributions to AAA systems and procedures development, support of the senior management, and willingness to support the improvement of office as a whole
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Pathology, environmental, Horticulture or any subject related with a minimum of 6 years of experience in the land development.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including managing finances, setting and meeting deadlines, and ensuring program accountability with diverse partners, both internal and external.
- Experience developing partnerships and leading collaborations within all sectors.
- Experience with effective negotiation, communication, and convening skills.
- A strong background in the NGO sector and particularly agricultural and economic development.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge in MS project Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and Email programs.
- Effective Communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent Arabic and English (required) skills speaking, reading and writing.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and preferring having a car.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to
No later than Sunday, 2nd of Dec 2018, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email. Only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.