AAA is implementing a water pipelines network installation project in Zatara,- South Eastern of Bethlehem, and seeking a qualified - civil engineer candidate to work as a Project Field Engineer. The vacancy will be based in the Zatara (Bethlehem). The scope of work includes to daily supervision of all related activities to the project in the field. The civil engineer will work under the direct supervision of the Project manager.
AAA is seeking highly qualified candidates for the following position:
Education: Civil Engineer
Position Title: Project Field Engineer
Contract Period: 7 months – full time
Location: Zatara- South East of Bethlehem region. (Hosted by the municipality).
Starting date: July 1st , 2018.
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Participate to conduct the baseline study according to the Project manager guidance.
- Assist in coordinating all phases of the projects “initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation, and closure”.
- Daily field visits, meetings, project activities regular follow up and assessments of new and existing projects.
- Participate in drafting letters, term of references, minutes of meetings and timely written reports on project activities against the stated project objectives and indicators required by the partner and donor.
- Issue Contracts and Purchase Orders, etc.
- Managing, organizing, and preparing all related documents reports and to ensure high quality of work and safety at all the project sites.
- Overall responsibility for supervision of work as per the timelines.
- Overall responsibility for Implementation of the approved design work.
- Controlling, verification and approval of all contractor's work.
- Monitor and insure all civil site works comply with contract's document.
- Review & monitor the bills of contractors and get them processed.
- Finalize all related reports & documents.
- Conduct other activities as requested by the head of department.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in civil engineer.
- At least 4 years of experience in Project Field Engineer.
- At least 3 years experiences of roads infrastructure and water pipelines installation.
- Experience in an NGO and management role is considered plus.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge in MS project Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and Email programs.
- Effective Communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Excellent Arabic and English skills speaking, reading and writing.
- Demonstrates good time management skills.
- Preferring having a car.
Interested candidates with relevant education and experience are requested to send their cover letter and CVs by email to
No later than Sunday, 9 June 2018, and applicants should indicate the position title within the subject line of the email. Only those shortlisted for the position will be contacted.