Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through empowering women, information and innovative research and advocacy programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is seeking a competent and highly qualified project coordinator to work in its office in Gaza. The coordinator will work under the direct supervision of WAC Director.
Position Title: project coordinator
Location: Gaza Strip
The main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepare detailed and effective project action plans.
- Execute the project according to the project plan to ensure the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Work closely with universities and CBOs in the Gaza Strip to support the smooth implementation of the project activities in accordance with the project action plan and scope of work.
- Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion and achievement of results
- Write regular progress reports and any reports requested from direct supervisor.
- Provide close follow up of expenditures to ensure the effective and appropriate utilization of funds
- Attend meetings and workshops on behalf of WAC with the project partners and stakeholders and prepare relevant meeting minutes and reports to be shared with the project team
- Schedule and plan meetings, write and edit ToRs, prepare PowerPoint presentations, participate in planning meetings, and complete other administrative duties.
- Conduct regular field visits and discussion meetings with partners and key stakeholders to assess the project progress according to the set plans and collect anecdotal evidence and success stories from the field to inform project monitoring and implementation.
- Provide regular feedback to the direct supervisor regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs.
- Follow up with consultancy firms and trainers during the delivery of the consultancy services and collect data from the field to ensure that consultancy services are being delivered according to the ToR and agreement.
- Collaborate with other coordinators at WAC’s to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities through ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination.
- Implement any other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Minimum 5 years of employment in the field of projects management.
- At least university degree in business administration, entrepreneurship, social sciences, international development or any other relevant field. Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience working within the NGO sector and a strong background in initiating and implementing projects.
- Good experience in Project Cycle Management.
- Highly organized, reliable attention to details and ability to work independently when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and inter-personal skills, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and donors.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, prioritize workload and multi-task.
- Mature work practices, highly motivated and demonstrate sound judgment.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic languages including both written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent reporting skills in both English & Arabic.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Integrity and strong identification with WAC Core Values.
To apply send a covering letter in English demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the post along with your CV (which should include three references out of which two must be from the direct supervisors of your current and/or most recent employment) to: [email protected]
Closing date for applications 21/1/2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.