Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is a registered independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfil its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is implementing “Economic empowerment for Gaza entrepreneurs” project. The project is designed to respond to the high unemployment and poverty rates among a large segment of young women graduates. This is by empowering them to have greater access to decent job opportunities throughout freelance work. The project aims to enhance the freelancing skills among the targeted beneficiaries through providing training and coaching on freelancing-related tracks.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, WAC is seeking qualified and motivated candidates to fill the following position
Position Title :ICT Coordinator Assistant – (Full Time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Contract Duration: 11 Months (including 3 months’ probationary period)
Start Date: ASAP
Coordinator Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation, progress monitoring, and reporting per the following main duties:
- Ensure successful implementation of all activities designated to successfully accomplish the project objectives by advancing the opportunities for employability through e-work.
- Support in the preparation and implementation of training and coaching sessions.
- Track targeted beneficiaries' progress using appropriate project tools.
- Handle logistics necessary for the facilitation of the delivery of project training and coaching sessions.
- Liaise with the project stakeholders using the appropriate channels of communication to facilitate the achievement of project objectives.
- Follow up on necessary data for monitoring of the project as advised by the project coordinator.
- Update and compile the project databases on a weekly and monthly basis as needed.
- Ensure that information captured during the activities implementation are recorded and disseminated.
- Manage project social media accounts to ensure project visibility through uploading photos/ videos and disseminating updates.
- Maintain flexibility to take added responsibility as and when needed.
- Ensure all project documents are filed in hard and soft copies on weekly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University/college degree preferably in information sciences, computer sciences, engineering is desirable or other related fields.
- At least two years’ experience working on ICT, either in a private sector or non-profit environment.
- At least two years’ experience working either for non-profit environment on a project-based position is desirable.
Knowledge and skills:
- Knowledgeable about the Information and Communication Technology Industry is a must.
- Operational experience in administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results is highly desirable.
- Flexibility, ability to take initiative
- Good Organizational skills/ Proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- High-Level English Written and Speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- prioritization skills are necessary.
To apply send a cover letter in English demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the post along with your CV, which should include three references to: [email protected] AND fill out the application (click here)
Please indicate in the email subject: ICT Coordinator Assistant.
Closing date for applications is: 2/2/2022 at 2:00 PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.