Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
With funding from Dan Church Aid and Norwegian Church Aid (DCA/NCA) Palestine Joint Country program and in Cooperation with Women’s Affairs Center (WAC), WAC is implementing a project titled "Combat Plastic Pollution through Innovative and Climate-Friendly Recycling Business Models." It is a gender-responsive project that aims to empower women to address the adverse effects of climate change while enhancing solid waste management (SWM) practices among local stakeholders. It seeks to create a more enabling policy and regulatory environment in collaboration with local duty bearers, communities, and private sector actors to enhance better understanding of the ecosystem of plastic waste management, involving key stakeholders in this field. The project focuses on sustainable solutions for managing solid waste, especially plastic waste. Simultaneously, it addresses the fundamental needs of GBV survivors and their families while supporting female entrepreneurs from economically disadvantaged backgrounds through the establishment of income-generating businesses via innovative and climate-friendly business models.
Within the framework of this Project, WAC is seeking to hire a competent and highly qualified Project Coordinator to work in its office in Gaza.
Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Project Coordinator – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
Project Duration: 4 months (with possibility of extension)
- Fully engaged in all steps of project cycle management of the project, including supporting WAC in project design, monitoring, implementation, and reporting
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities and quality assurance for project implementation
- Ensure preparation of timely and high-quality progress reports, program reports, and donor reports as required
- Monitor projects financial issues and ensure full harmony between the implemented activities and financial expenditures
- Ensure effective coordination with various stakeholders, including municipalities, the Joint Services Council for Solid Waste Management, the Water Authority, and Environment Quality, as well as engaging with all key actors in the solid waste sector.
- Follow up on the daily progress of the project activities
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are organized and in conformance with the timeline and deliverables requirements
- Assist the WAC team in designing and developing the project proposal
- Regular feedback to the director regarding the implementation progress and recommendations to promote the quality of the project outputs
- Collaborate with other coordinators at WAC’s to facilitate the timely and effective implementation of the project activities by ensuring the smooth flow of information and timely coordination
- Perform other relevant duties as required
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Engineering, or any related fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar positions and in similar sector.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to organize work and implement activities with high-level standards, and a proven track record in producing quality work.
- Demonstrated capacity for teamwork and coordination with all partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively and independently under pressure.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job, along with their CV in English, to: [email protected] . Additionally, please fill in the application form by clicking here. It is mandatory to complete the application form. Applications without the completed form will not be considered
- Please indicate in the email subject: Project Coordinator Position.
- Closing date for applications: 4th September 2023 at 12:00 pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.