Application Deadline Extended for Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator Position
Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of advocating women’s human rights and gender equality through Empowering Women, Information and Research, and Advocacy and Outreach programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
With funding from The German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) within the Civil Society Program (CSP) and in Cooperation with Women’s Affairs Center (WAC), WAC will be implementing a project under the title "Developing the evidence-based international advocacy unit for Women’s Affairs Center in order to implement advocacy campaigns and outreach activities targeting the international community” that aims at advocating Palestinian women’s rights, particularly GBV survivors in the marginalized areas, on the local, national, regional and international levels using various online and face-to-face communication and advocacy tools.
Within the framework of this Project, WAC is seeking to hire a competent and highly qualified Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator to work in its office in Gaza.
Following is the description of this position:
Vacant Position: Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator – (Full-time)
Location: Gaza Strip
- Coordinate the planning and execution of advocacy campaigns that support WAC's mission and goals and align with WAC’s advocacy and communication plans.
- Contribute to building and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers, stakeholders, and partners to advance the organization's advocacy priorities.
- Work with the Advocacy and media teams to develop and implement strategies to raise awareness of women's and girls' rights and advance national dialogue on their issues and rights.
- Work closely with WAC to ensure the success of all the project activities and campaigns.
- Support in developing and managing WAC's social media presence to increase WAC’s visibility both locally and internationally.
- Develop and implement targeted advocacy campaigns that mobilize key stakeholders, build public support, and influence policy and practice.
- Represent WAC in advocacy coalitions and support the development of media relationships to promote WAC's advocacy priorities and raise awareness of key issues.
- Contribute to strengthening and building strategic and funding partnerships to ensure that advocacy efforts are aligned with the WAC's overall mission and goals.
- Collaborate with the WAC team to track the effectiveness of advocacy efforts, provide recommendations for improvement, and secure funding for campaigns and initiatives.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the field of advocacy and outreach by participating in relevant conferences, workshops, and events, and support WAC by receiving delegations when required.
- Undertake any other duties and tasks appropriate to the role and level of the position.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor Degree in Communication, Development Studies, English language, or any other related field
- At least 4 years of professional experience with a proven record of working in similar positions.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Commitment towards principles and ethics of work
- Strong narrative reporting and drafting skills
- Detailed knowledge of ethical issues related to gender equality, leave no one behind and do no harm principles.
- Strong inter-personal, communication, leadership skills, planning, and organization skills
- Professional attitude, good social skills, and ability to work in a team
- Strong Computer skills, in particular MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and the Internet.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job along with their CV to: [email protected]AND fill in the application form Click here
Please indicate in the email subject: Advocacy and Outreach Coordinator
The Application deadline has been extended to July 26th, 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.