Women’s Affairs Center (WAC) is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO working in the Gaza Strip with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information, and innovative research and advocacy programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is looking for a committed professional to the values of Transformation, Integrity, and Excellence to fill the following vacancy:
Business Development Specialists (BDS) -GAZA
Position Title: Business Development Specialist (BDS)
Number of available Positions: 3
Place: WAC Office, Gaza
Direct Report: Project Coordinator (PC)
Expected Start Date: September 2023
Expected Duration: 30 months
Gross Salary: 1000 EUROS
SAWA II project background
WAC expects to receive funding from Enabel for the implementation of project activities related to the livelihood component in the Gaza and North governorates. In collaboration with the European Union Delegation EUDEL and Belgium, the Belgian development agency Enabel is leading the implementation of the intervention "Enhance the Resilience of Micro-Businesses and Create Sustainable Livelihood Opportunities in North Gaza and Gaza Governorates" SAWAII. In partnership with Enabel, WAC is responsible to achieve the following result: Enhancing economic resilience for three right target groups in the Gaza Strip, Vulnerable youth and women established sustainable MSEs, owners of affected MSEs reviving their businesses and owners of existing MSEs scaled up their businesses that are viable, sustainable and innovative in their economies and generate sufficient income to meet their livelihood needs and improve their individual resilience. SAWA II will support the creation of viable and economically feasible livelihood micro businesses through providing capacity building, skills enhancement, seed funding, coaching, and mentoring to vulnerable and marginalized women and youth following the community-based and sustainable livelihood approach.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator at WAC, the three Business Development specialists (BDS) will be fully responsible for providing business development services including (and not limited to, promising sectors prioritization, sensitization sessions, training, coaching/mentoring, curriculum development, and business plans selection) and will support the implementation of project activities and under the designated result.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent the project to the local community and stakeholders.
- Plan and implement community mobilization, outreach, and sensitization activities
- Conduct field visits to project applicants and beneficiaries.
- Conduct verification activities for project applicants to identify potential project beneficiaries.
- Select training participants.
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise capacity-building activities.
- Develop pieces of training curriculum including materials, guides, tools, and templates that will be used in the capacity-building program for project beneficiaries.
- Provide life skill and micro-business management training for project beneficiaries.
- Train and support project beneficiaries to develop economically viable and technically sound business plans
- Evaluate submitted business plans and select seed funds recipients.
- Conduct field verification activities for seed funds recipients or supported micro-businesses to ensure receiving grants installment, efficient use of seed funds, and collect supportive documents.
- Provide coaching support, conduct on-site mentorship sessions, and develop mentorship reports.
- Facilitate marketing, linkages, and networking activities for project beneficiaries.
- Support PC in developing selection criteria and a scoring system to select project beneficiaries.
- Support the implementation of MEAL activities.
- Responsibilities of the BDS may include other tasks and duties as necessary throughout the life of the project.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering, or a relevant field. (or equivalent combination of formal training and experience e.g. in marketing, economics, management, business development, etc.). An MBA, communty development, economic development, and gender mainstreaming, with an emphasis on women's economic empowerment, would be added assets.
- At least three years of directly related experience in marketing, business planning, pricing analysis, business coaching/mentoring, or micro/small business (CBOs/ MSMEs), economic empowerment, livelihood, and entrepreneurship projects.
- Considerable knowledge of sound business procedures including sales and marketing.
- Good knowledge of potential market linkages; (exploring marketing channels, facilitating linkages between produces and targeted CBOs and market linkages).
- Understanding of financing options for business start-ups and business expansions.
- Practicing the empowerment of MSMEs and CBOs/ to improve their livelihood.
- Showcase and demonstrate his/ her knowledge and experience relating to gender mainstreaming.
- Sound experience in skills development/community development or related fields
- Strong knowledge of the social/ cultural and economic context of Gaza.
- Proven track record working collaboratively with communities, local NGO partners, MSMES and government officials.
- Strong team play and collaboration skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills in using office package as (MS Word, MS Project, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Resident of the Gaza or North governorates.
Documentation, Learning, and Reporting
- Ensure to submit timely, complete, and accurate reports.
- Document best practices, lessons learned, and success stories.
- Support prepares narrative reports.
" Interested candidates should send a cover letter in English demonstrating how their skills and experience match the job, along with their CV in English, to: [email protected] . Additionally, please fill in the application form by clicking here." It is mandatory to complete the application form. Applications without the completed form will not be considered.
- Please indicate in the email subject: Business Development Specialists (BDS)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applicants who have the required qualities, experience, and skills will be considered.