TERMS OF REFERENCE:
Women´s empowerment and Gender Based Violence (GBV) Programme Manager.
Convenio 18-CO1-1179 funded by the Spanish International Development Agency (AECID).
WEST BANK– oPt.
Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) is a Spanish NGO existing since more than 30 years and present in the Middle East since 1993. Since 2009 it has developed a process of sectorial and geographical targeting for its interventions, which meant the prioritization of women’s rights and gender equality. Alianza por la Solidaridad (ApS) in the Middle East works within three main lines of action:
- Prevention and response for Gender Based Violence, individual and community approach.
- Women´s economic empowerment.
- Women´s participation and active citizenship.
ApS maintains stable local partners with whom it works in a sustained manner and deepening not the relations and regular contacts through the office in the field, but a fluid communication and analysis of the changes caused by the protracted conflict-related crisis and humanitarian situation in Palestine. Alianza works closely with its partners and support their work in a manner that represent Alianza and the partners values. ApS has extensive experience and expertise on women´s rights and there is a high degree of knowledge about the environment and only relation with the population, civil society organizations, other humanitarian actors and local public entities. Alianza por la Solidaridad is member of Action Aid Federation since Jun 2018.
Action Aid and Alianza share the idea that when people become aware that their future is in their hands and when they organize to challenge power structures and contribute to the betterment and changing of institutions, changes can succeed. These changes should take place on a global scale in order to generate maximum impact, and they should be rooted in the political values of solidarity and internationalism. In addition, for Action Aid and Alianza, Social justice, gender equality, and climate justice succeed through individual and collective actions that actively change inequitable and unjust power relationships, either hidden, visible, or invisible, from the home to local, national, and international spaces. The empowerment of people that live in poverty and marginalization, and of women and youth is a crucial part of creating these changes. Collective efforts and fights are stronger when they are bound together through solidarity, campaigns, and common causes between communities, organizations, and social movements and other allies to influence local and global institutions and public policy.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROGRAMME AND JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a 4year program funded by the Spanish International Development Agency (AECID). The main goal is contributing to the acknowledgement and fulfillment of every women´s right to live a life free of any type of violence and to enjoy their economic rights in Gaza and the West Bank. Through this program Alianza and its partners will promote the empowerment of Palestinian women, as well as an enabling and respectful environment.
To achieve this, Alianza brings a holistic and complementary strategy in different locations of the Occupied Palestinian Territory: i) strengthening the protection mechanisms for GBV survivors (including prevention and response according to international standards) ii) contributing to women´s economic rights through capacity building and empowerment programs to enhance their access to the labor market or to set up their own business. iii) to support women´s organizations and Community Based Organizations as active actors and agents of change in the promotion of social change, from a patriarchal system to a more equitable society. Furthermore, Alianza and its partners will support the Palestinian women´s movement in their advocacy role for meaningful changes in the National legal frame.
Alianza is seeking a programme manager that will oversee the activities, support the implementing partners, comply with reporting obligations and ensure the coordination among all key stakeholders engaged in the action.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The programme manager is expected to achieve the following objectives and activities:
Program Cycle Management and Context/ Stakeholders Analysis (80%)
- Ensure a proper planning of the interventions with local partners in accordance with donor regulations.
- Supervision of the implementation of activities according to the existing work plan and direct implementation of some activities related to the interventions when required.
- Perform the technical and financial follow up and reporting of activities in accordance with donor regulations.
- Elaboration of periodic context and situational analysis or reports with emphasis on Humanitarian and/or Gender issues.
- Development of new project proposals related to Women Rights, Humanitarian Action and/or development.
Communication and Advocacy, Humanitarian Coordination and Representation of ApS (5%)
- Active participation in Networks and platforms related to the intervention topics
- Institutional representation when required
- Maintain the Communications with target groups, partners and public institutions in Gaza.
- Implement the internal Communications policies and tools.
- Contribute to the implementation to advocacy activities and products as required.
Capacity Building and Technical Assistance on Gender/SGBV (15%)
- Provide support and technical, methodological assistance to local partners, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support to the organization of forums, seminars and Workshops for ApS, its partners and other relevant actors.
- Enhance ApS and partners capacity for gender-transformative program strategies.
Security and Code of Conduct
- Apply and adhere to the internal regulations in APS office in Palestine, including safety regulations.
- Respect ApS’s code of conduct for the office
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
REQUESTED KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- An advanced degree in Development studies, Gender Studies, Social Work, Human Rights or another related field.
- Additional studies in gender and development, gender-based violence, women´s rights, Women´s economic empowerment.
- At least 3 years of experience in Gender and development projects in international NGOs, including technical and financial reporting in accordance with donor standards
- Demonstrated experience in project design, planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation, in particular from a gender perspective and human rights approach.
- Conflict sensitive approach
- Availability to travel, frequent travels to West Bank are required
- Both Arabic/English working command is compulsory
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Process facilitation, negotiation, influencing skills
- Strong analytical capacities on gender issues.
- Proposal development and writing skills on gender issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Ability to work independently
LINE MANAGEMENT, CONTRACT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The candidate will report directly to the GBV coordinator.
- Full time labor Contract. Salary according to the organization scale.
- Estimated contract duration is 12 months, with great possibilities of extension.
- 3 to 6 month probation period.
- The office is based in East Jerusalem. The candidate will travel regularly across the West Bank and, if possible, to Gaza. Costs of trips within the West Bank and to Gaza are covered by APS.
- The program manager will apply and adhere to the internal regulations in APS office, including safety regulations. At the same time, the s/he will respect APS’s code of conduct.
المسمى الوظيفي Programme Coordinator
آخر موعد للتقديم 31 - Jan - 2021
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية الماجستير
الخبرة 3 Years
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Alianza por la Solidaridad