Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS, starts to implement Envision Gaza 2020 Project (USAID-funded project) which aims to create a path for vulnerable populations in Gaza (including youth, women, and other marginalized groups) to become more resilient and self-reliant by (1) providing basic humanitarian assistance to extremely vulnerable households in the form of food and non-food items, and (2) increasing employment opportunities through short-term employment in the form of cash-for-work, cash-for-internship and cash-for apprenticeship, minor capital investments, and job training.
As a result, SYFS intends to recruit for the following positions:
Title: Program Manager
Place: Save Youth Future Society office, Gaza
Duration: 4 months with possibility of extension
Supervisory Role: Project Coordinators, Filed Coordinators and MEAL Monitor
- Responsible for the overall management of the project, including timely implementation, budget management, staff management, capacity building, and staff career development.
- Ensure that the scope of the project is maintained in all phases.
- Create and implement detailed work plans needed to successfully complete the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Deliver timely and high quality progress and technical reports on the project for SYFS management, and donors in close collaboration with program staff and Executive Manager.
- Conduct periodical field visits to verify project activities are implemented according to contractual targets.
- Ensure that all subordinates have clearly defined objectives and understand their responsibilities.
- Establish result-based work planning and follow up system.
- Foster a learning environment for supervised staff, including motivating and monitoring their professional development through annual performance and capacity development planning.
- Ensure availability of appropriate professional development opportunities for program staff.
- Encourage a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation.
- Provide support and input for the advocacy work related to the program.
- Lead the development of communication and visibility materials for the program.
- Ensure that all donor branding and visibility requirements are fulfilled.
- Contribute to the strengthening of the organizational readiness to respond to emergencies in line with SYFS Humanitarian Preparedness standard by following the preparedness steps outlined in CRS Preparedness Procedure.
- Play an active role in responding to new humanitarian crises in the designated areas of operation in line with SYFS Humanitarian Response Management standard, following the stipulated procedural steps, in line with CRS full-spectrum approach to programming.
- Supervise documentation of all activities of the program and maintenance of an efficient program filing system including all program related documents.
- Perform any other tasks required by Management.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in international development, business administration, economics, sociology or other related field.
- Minimum Five years of progressively responsible work experience in the field of development, preferably with USAID-funded projects. Significant experience working on humanitarian assistance, livelihoods projects required.
- Knowledge of USAID regulations and compliance.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural)
- Professional level in both Arabic and English language skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills in both English and Arabic.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Advanced computer literacy.
- Ability to work under pressure and within a team.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Program Manager
Deadline for submitting applications 14/12/2021, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please