About the Position:
Anera is hiring a full-time New Business Development (NBD) Officer in our Jerusalem office. This new position will play a pivotal role in expanding Anera’s fundraising and project development efforts to support the continued growth, impact, and sustainability of our Lebanon programs. The NBD Officer will report directly to the country director, in close coordination with the global NBD team, as Anera looks to expand its programming and partnerships in Lebanon. The NBD Officer will be primarily responsible for fostering partnerships with potential partners, including international, regional, and national funding organizations and will work with the NBD Manager to coordinate with the field offices and project managers to write winning proposals and concept notes.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Network: map donors, research new regional grant opportunities, meet with potential and existing donors to establish and maintain relationships.
- Assess: map current country-level implementers and potential partners, identify gaps, and conduct rapid assessments for new projects.
- Research: conduct and compile information for proposals, including a history of Anera’s previous work, general background on topics addressed in calls for proposals, and context analyses such as official policies and requirements from the UN, EU, etc.
- Provide technical input: coordinate project design (including sections on stakeholder analysis and conceptual frameworks), results frameworks, and project strategies.
- Manage processes: in coordination with the country and NBD teams, manage proposals from start to finish, including proposal calendars, meetings, and deadlines, as well as drafting and finalizing letters of intent, concept notes, and proposals.
- Report: compile and finalize reports for funders, in coordination with program managers, during and following program implementation.
- Liaise between headquarters and country staff/donors: plan site visits, set up meetings with current and potential funders, and coordinate with field staff and project managers when traveling with donors and members of HQ staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (master’s preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in proposal writing, business development, and program design
- High-level proficiency in spoken and written English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High-level proficiency with office tools (Microsoft and/or Google Suite) including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases
- Ability to travel both regionally and internationally as needed
- Willingness to work flexible hours based on the needs of both the county office and headquarters
- Previous experience managing development projects with INGOs
- Budgeting and/or project finance experience
Send the following, with the subject line “New Business Development Officer in Palestine,” to [email protected] by January 31, 2020 (no phone inquiries, please):
- Cover letter
- A list of your previous proposals and your success rate
- The date you would be available to begin work
About the Organization:
Anera provides humanitarian assistance and sustainable development to advance the well-being of refugees and other vulnerable communities in the Middle East. Founded in 1968, Anera works on the ground with partners in the West Bank, Gaza, Lebanon and Jordan to mobilize resources for immediate emergency relief and for sustainable, long-term health, education, and economic development. Our staff serves in their own communities, navigating within local communities and municipalities to get help where it is needed most.