Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services CRS, starts to implement Envision Gaza 2020 Project (USAID-funded project) which aims to create a path for vulnerable populations in Gaza (including youth, women, and other marginalized groups) to become more resilient and self-reliant by (1) providing basic humanitarian assistance to extremely vulnerable households in the form of food and non-food items, and (2) increasing employment opportunities through short-term employment in the form of cash-for-work, cash-for-internship and cash-for apprenticeship, minor capital investments, and job training.
As a result, SYFS intends to recruit for the following position:
Title: MEAL Officer
Place: Save Youth Future Society office, Gaza
Report to: Program Manager
Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
- Develop and/or update M&E tools, databases and monthly reporting formats in close collaboration with the MEAL focal points/sectoral managers.
- Support the staff in mobile data collection; using the organization system.
- Conduct data audits and analysis to ensure high quality data, compile a report with relevant indicator data per grant, showing targets versus actuals and an action plan and send this to the Field Coordinator, MEAL Manager, and Technical Managers and Coordinators on a monthly basis.
- Beneficiary counting: a quarterly gender and age disaggregated overview per grant per sector should be provided.
- Advise staff on data management and storage to field staff.
- Manage the development of effective and sustainable feedback mechanisms to SYFS from program beneficiaries/stakeholders.
- Monitor overall project implementation and provide feedback for Field Office staff
- Ensure relevant, timely, and quality support to the Field Office on assessments and evaluations; i.e. support in developing the survey tools, data analysis and report writing.
- Provide documentation and dissemination of key findings stemming from monitoring, assessment, and other learning activities.
- Track and ensure organized, comprehensive electronic filing of documented findings/analyses.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience, preferably in an international NGO, NGOs in similar role/with similar responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Arabic
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring and evaluation experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of others in skills related to, program tracking and documentation.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Preferred knowledge of mobile data collection tools
- Familiarity with information management systems and analysis software is a plus.
- Effective, high-quality communication, writing, and interpersonal skills are essential, and local language is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV on the link below
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Deadline for submitting applications 25/09/2021, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please