The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: FreeSoft. This project aims to develop the competencies of IT graduates to integrate into freelancing and software outsourcing. The project is implemented in partnership with PITA, PICTI and EUTD. Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of a qualified local technical trainer for each of (4) advanced courses listed below.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified local trainers to be part of the training team, which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving practical training of 25 trainees from senior students & graduates of the faculty of IT.
ICT Technical trainers will be mainly responsible for developing the training materials, as well as implementing the training courses to improve the capacity of senior students & graduates of the faculty of IT in the following topics:
- Mobile Development “IOS”
- Mobile Development “Android”
- Web Design UI/UX
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Technical Trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
- Developing an action plan for conducting 30 hour training. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Developing the necessary theoretical and practical training materials, contents and related resources for the ICT technical training based on the feedback from labor market needs assessment. These training materials will be reviewed by the project director and PICTI.
- Conducting technical assessment for trainees and provide related recommendation on their technical development plans to identify their needs and shortcomings.
- Conducting 30-hours technical training sessions for ICT senior students & graduates. These sessions shall be delivered within the first four weeks of the mission.
- Designing and implementing tools to measure the training impact and to provide individual recommendations for the trainees.
- Ensuring proper baseline data collection as well as end-line data collection in line with the evaluation strategy.
- Providing criteria for the selection of trainees.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training.
The technical trainers has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training matrix, topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, assignments, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Director’s approval.
- A successfully delivered training course consisting of 30 hours intensive training course (theoretical and practical) to develop the technical skills and knowledge of the IT senior students & graduates.
- Detailed report including the final assessment of the trainees' accomplishments, training outcomes, the required recommendations and success stories and testimonies. Approval on the submitted report from PICTI and project director is a must.
Level of effort and time frame:
The assignment should be delivered to the selected senior students & graduates within 4 weeks/30 training hours; this consultation service depends on the approved training plan submitted by the consultant.
Place of work: The Islamic University of Gaza.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Contract Period: Oct – Nov 2018
Expected level of effort: 30 hours
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any other field relevant to the trainer’s field of training experience. Master degree is an asset.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing technical training and workshops.
- Proven experience in one of the following technologies: Mobile Development (IOS/ Android), Web Design UI/UX, Front-end.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
- Excellent communication, writing and networking skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs, cover letter and portfolio of their previous work via email to: [email protected] no later than Saturday. September 29th, 2018 12:00 PM.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.