The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: FreeSoft. This project aims to develop the competencies of IT graduates to integrate into freelancing and software outsourcing. The project is implemented in partnership with PITA, PICTI and EUTD. Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of Freelancing Trainer to work as part of the training team responsible for developing the capacity of the IT academic staff.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified Freelancing Trainer to be part of the training team which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving academic teaching and practical training for the academic staff of the faculty of IT at IUG. Freelancing Trainer will be mainly responsible for developing the training material associated with the new Freelancing module, as well as implementing the training course to improve the capacity of academic staff in the Freelancing field in response to the labor market needs.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Freelancing trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
- Delivering an action plan for conducting the training mission. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Developing the necessary theoretical and practical training material, contents and related resources for the training based on the feedback from labor market needs assessment. These training materials will be reviewed by the project director and PICTI.
- Delivering 30-hours TOT course to a group of 15-20 academics in the field of Freelancing as well as helping them to utilize efficient teaching methodologies in the same field.
- Following all the academic guidelines of IUG with respect to attendance commitments, exam preparations and supervision.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training.
Trainer has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Director’s approval.
- A successfully delivered TOT course in Freelancing consisting of 30-hours intensive training course (theoretical and practical) for 15-20 of IT academics to develop their skills and knowledge in Freelancing.
- Detailed report including the implemented tasks, developed training material and associated deliverables (soft and hard copies).
Level of effort and time frame:
- The trainer will be working on an hourly-based manner following the required deliverables mentioned above within the time duration between (Aug. 5th, 2019 – Sep. 7th, 2019).
- The expected level of effort (LOE): 30 hours.
Place of work: The Islamic University of Gaza.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least bachelor degree in IT, Computer Technology, Computer Engineering, Business Administration or any other related fields. Master's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of Excellent experience in the field of Freelancing and self-employment.
- At least three-years working experience as a trainer in relevant fields.
- Proven experience in freelancing platforms such as: Upwork, freelancer, fiverr, Mostaqel...etc.
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and able to transfer knowledge to trainees.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
- Very Good English language and communication skills.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs via email to: [email protected] no later than Tuesday. July 30th, 2019 12:00 PM.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.