The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: FreeSoft. This project aims to develop the competencies of IT graduates to integrate into freelancing and software outsourcing. The project is implemented in in collaboration and partnership with PITA, PICTI and EUTD. Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of qualified business counselors to improve the competitiveness of IT students in soft skills.
IUG is now considering the selection of a professional and qualified (4-5) expert consultants to be part of the consultations team, who will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving practical coaching for 40 students of the faculty of IT at IUG who are enrolled in practical training course inside ICT companies in Gaza strip, the main objective of this assignment is to provide the soft skills of management and business administration in addition to employability skills.
Consultant will be mainly responsible for the development of a detailed agenda and outlines for implementing the coaching sessions by providing participants of the Practical Training course the experience and exposure to the daily process used by the company team to utilize latest technologies/tools to outsourcing services and to enhance their employment capabilities.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Consultant will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project management:
- Delivering an action plan for conducting a coaching and mentoring for 10 students. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Submitting a training agenda and outline illustrating the coaching module.
- Developing the necessary theoretical and practical training materials, contents and related resources based on the last needs assessment conducted. The material will be preapproved from project management team and PITA.
- Provide soft skills training for 10 students on the mentioned above topics. Each student will receive (6 training hrs/week, 36 hrs over all period of the assignment.
- Deliver group and peer to peer coaching sessions on the above topics to ensure all participants have raised their awareness and knowledge in management, business and administration.
- Use the monitoring and evaluation tool kits of IUG, or provide any other document related.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training or the targeted groups.
Consultant has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training matrix, topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, assignments, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Manager’s approval.
- Successfully deliver soft skills training for no more than 10 students on the mentioned above topics. Each student will receive 36 hours (3 hours per session, 2 sessions per a week, 6 weeks for all this assignment).
- Detailed report including the final assessment of the student/trainees’ accomplishments, training outcomes, the required recommendations and success stories and case studies if found. Approval on the submitted report from PITA and Project Manager is a must.
Level of effort and time frame:
The assignment should be delivered to the selected students within 6 weeks/36 coaching hours; this consultation service depends on the approved action plan submitted by the consultant.
Place of work: ICT companies.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
Contract Period: Assignment should be implemented during 2 months between: July 2019 – Aug 2019.
Expected level of effort for each consultant: 36 hours (3 hours per session/ 2 sessions per week, 6 weeks for all this assignment).
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Essential Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Management, Business, Administration or any other related fields, Master degree is an asset.
- Previous relevant working experience in management coaching, counseling.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
- Excellent communication, writing and networking skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs and cover letter via email to: [email protected] no later than Sunday. June 11th, 2019 12:00 PM.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.