The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: FreeSoft. This project aims to develop the competencies of IT graduates to integrate into freelancing and software outsourcing. The project is implemented in partnership with PITA, PICTI and EUTD. Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of Freelancing Trainers to work as part of the training team responsible for developing the capacity of both senior students and graduates.
IUG is considering the selection of highly qualified (2) Freelancing Trainers to be part of the training team which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving practical training and coaching for two groups of 25 trainees per group of IT students and graduates at IUG. Freelancing Trainer will be mainly responsible for developing the training materials, as well as implementing the training course to improve the capacity of both senior students and graduates in the Freelancing field in response to the labor market needs
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Each trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
- Delivering an action plan for conducting the training mission. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Developing the necessary theoretical and practical training materials, contents and related resources for the training based on the feedback from labor market needs assessment. These training materials will be reviewed by the project director and PICTI.
- Delivering 25-hours training sessions for 25 trainees. These sessions shall be delivered within the first month of the mission.
- Conducting 15-hours coaching and mentoring sessions that ensure successful delivery of all the required outcomes and guarantees the professional training to the target group.
- Designing and implementing tools to measure the training impact and to provide individual recommendations for the trainees.
- Ensuring proper baseline data collection as well as end-line data collection in line with the evaluation strategy.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training.
Each trainer has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Director’s approval.
- A successfully delivered training course in Freelancing consisting of 25 hours intensive training course (theoretical and practical) for 25 of IT students and graduates to develop their skills and knowledge in Freelancing.
- Delivering 15-hours coaching and mentoring sessions to ensure the successful delivery of the expected training skills to all participant trainees.
- Detailed report including the implemented tasks, training outcomes, the required recommendations, success stories, testimonies and trainees' achievements across Freelancing platforms. Approval on the submitted report from PICTI and project director is a must.
Level of effort and time frame:
- The trainer will be working on an hourly-based manner following the required deliverables mentioned above within the time duration between July. 1st, 2019 – August. 28th, 2019.
- The expected level of effort for each trainer (LOE): 40-45 hours.
Place of work: The Islamic University of Gaza.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Technology, Computer Engineering, or any other related fields.
- At least 5 years of Excellent experience in the field of Information Technology, Computer Technology, Freelancing and self-employment.
- At least three-years working experience as a trainer in relevant fields.
- Proven experience in freelancing platforms such as: Upwork, freelancer, fiverr, Mostaqel.
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and able to transfer knowledge to trainees.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (word processing, spread sheet, etc.).
- Very Good English language and communication skills.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs via email to: [email protected] no later than Saturday June 22th, 2019 12:00 PM.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.