The Islamic University of Gaza (IUG) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF) - Education to Work Transition Project - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: FreeSoft. This project aims at developing the competencies of IT graduates to integrate into freelancing and software outsourcing. The project is implemented in partnership with PITA, PICTI and EUTD. Accordingly, IUG seeks the selection and employment of Entrepreneurship Trainer to work as part of the training team responsible for developing the capacity of the IT academic staff and graduates.
IUG is considering the selection of professional and qualified local expert to be part of the training team which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving academic teaching and practical training for the academic staff and graduates of the IT faculty at IUG. Entrepreneurship Trainer will be mainly responsible for developing the training material associated with the new Entrepreneurship module, as well as facilitate two courses for each IT academics and graduates covering ideas generations techniques, business models, business planning, financial planning, marketing, costing and business development skills…etc.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Trainer will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project director:
- Delivering an action plan for conducting the training mission. This includes the main topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Developing the necessary theoretical and practical training material, contents and related resources for the training based on the feedback from labor market needs assessment. These training materials will be reviewed by the project director and PICTI.
- Delivering a 30-hours TOT course to a group of IT academics in Entrepreneurship as well as helping them to utilize efficient teaching methodologies in the same field.
- Delivering a 30-hours training course to a group of IT graduates in the field of Entrepreneurship to equip them with the key skills that can transform ideas into actions and innovative projects.
- Following all the academic guidelines of IUG with respect to attendance commitments, exam preparations and supervision.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project director concerning the training.
Trainer has to deliver the following:
- An action plan for conducting the assignment including (training topics, methodology, objectives, outcomes, materials, source of references, timeframe) within one week after signing the contract for the Project Director’s approval.
- A successfully delivered TOT course in Entrepreneurship consisting of 30-hours training course (theoretical and practical) of approximately 20 IT academics. In addition to 30-hours training course (theoretical and practical) of approximately 25 IT graduates.
- Detailed report including the implemented tasks, developed training material and associated deliverables.
Level of effort and time frame:
- The trainer will be working on an hourly-based manner following the required deliverables mentioned above within the time duration from Oct. 30th, 2019 To Nov. 30th, 2019.
- The expected level of effort (LOE): 62 hours.
Place of work: The Islamic University of Gaza.
Contract Type: Lump Sum Contract.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in designing and implementing practical and participatory training.
- Possess a minimum of 5 years work experience in Entrepreneurship skills and business development.
- Excellent reporting skills in both Arabic and English languages.
- Very Good computer skills.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their CVs via email to: [email protected] no later than Monday. Oct 21st, 2019 12:00 PM.
The selection process follows World Bank recruiting policies and procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.