Women Affairs Center, WAC, is a women knowledge- based center playing an innovative and catalytic role in empowering women; and advocating women's rights and gender equality in the Palestinian sustainable development process. Its mission reflects that it is an independent and non-profit Palestinian NGO with the purpose of empowering women and advocating women’s rights and gender equality through capacity development, information and innovative research and advocacy programs. While implementing its strategy to fulfill its vision, WAC is guided by international human rights principles including empowerment and participation; equality and non-discrimination; and accountability to ensure justice and dignity for women.
WAC is implementing “Fatayat Al Reyadah” project. The project is designed to respond to the high unemployment and poverty rates among a large segment of young women graduates. This is by empowering them to have greater access to decent job opportunities throughout freelance work. The project aims to enhance the freelancing skills among the targeted beneficiaries through providing around training and coaching on freelancing related tracks.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator, WAC is seeking qualified and motivated candidate to fill in the position of
ICT Project Assistant:
Contract Duration: 7 Months (including 3 months’ probationary period)
Start Date: May 17, 2020
Position Type: Full Time
The project Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation, progress monitoring, and reporting per the following main duties:
- Ensure successful implementation of all activities designated to successfully accomplish the project objectives by advancing the opportunities for employability through e-work.
- Support in the preparation and implementation of trainings and coaching sessions.
- Track targeted beneficiaries progress using appropriate project tools.
- Handle logistics necessary for the facilitation of the delivery of project trainings and coaching sessions.
- Liaise with the project stakeholders using the appropriate channels of communication to facilitate the achievement of project objectives.
- Follow up necessary data for monitoring of the project as advised by the project coordinator.
- Update and compile the project databases on weekly and monthly basis as needed.
- Ensure that information captured during the activities implementation are recorded and disseminated.
- Manage project social media accounts to ensure project visibility through upload photos/ videos and disseminate updates.
- Maintain flexibility to take added responsibility as and when needed.
- Ensure all project documents are filed in hard and soft copies on weekly basis.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- University degree preferably in information sciences, computer sciences or engineering, is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working on ICT, either in a private sector or non-profit environment.
- At least two years’ experience working either for non-profit environment on a project based position is desirable.
- Knowledgeable about the Information and Communication Technology Industry is a must.
- Operational experience in administration, with demonstrated capacity to meet performance indicators, and deliver results is highly desirable.
- Flexibility, ability to take initiative
- Good Organizational skills/ Proactive
- Excellent communication skills
- High Level English Written and Speaking skills.
- Ability to work in a team
- prioritization skills are necessary.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their Resume and a one-page cover letter highlighting relevant skills and experience by email to [email protected] no later than Midnight May 05th, 2020. Please indicate the job title “ICT Project Assistant” in the email subject. And; fill in the online application
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above requirements will be contacted.