The Young Artists Forum was established in Ramallah at the end of 2002 as a non-profit cultural organization that specializes in training for children and youth in Visual Arts field.
The main goal of the Forum is to raise the standards of art education in society; especially among children and youth.
Young Artists Forum- YAF is seeking a PART-TIME Fundraising officer as the fundraising component of YAF aims to increase funding from donors, "international and local organizations" in order to financially support YAF’s activities and projects. He or she will maintain and improve YAF’s international, Arabic and local visibility through innovative strategies. The fundraising activities consist of identifying funding sources, writing proposals, contacting donors and keeping them informed through regular communication and reports.
- Participate in developing a fundraising strategy for YAF that embraces YAF’s approach and philosophy.
- A strong ability in writing concept notes, project ideas and project proposals.
- Collect required information for proposals and reports.
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Support to the YAF’s Programs Manager to develop project proposals and submit grant applications.
- Prepare progress reports and write grant reports to related donors, acknowledgment letters and other correspondence as necessary.
- Update the YAF external relations database and follow up on partners and budgets.
- Keep up to date with main project proposals and reporting tools, such as log frames.
- Attend relevant external and internal meetings/workshops.
- Collect and reflect success stories from the field.
- Assist the Programs Manager in developing business and communication plans to generate income from various sources.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Provide inputs to improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Organize or provide assistance in organizing any fundraising events for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Maintain a website and regularly update it with information about organization’s work.
- Regularly monitor donor websites and identify and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Keep donors informed on supported projects through timely and relevant reports and updates as required.
- At least a BA in international relations or related field with three years experience.
- Track record in successful proposal writing and reporting to major institutional donors, particularly cultural proposals.
Essential skills and competencies
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- He/she must have a remarkable knowledge and awareness of the Palestinian cultural situation.
- Have sound knowledge of budgeting and financial procedures.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages.
- Knowledge of the different approaches and accountabilities required for different types of funder.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Innovative, flexible and proactive personality.
- Hard worker and results-oriented.
- Ability to handle work stress, time pressure and difficult situations efficiently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contract period: One year.
Salary/benefits: According to YAF’s Jobs Policy.
Duty station: Ramallah.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the vacancy and that you qualify.
To apply, please send your cover letter with updated CV in one word document to
before Feb.1, 2018 17:00.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.