The Visual Arts Forum was established in Ramallah at the end of 2002 as a non-profit cultural organization that specializes in training for children and youth in the Visual Arts field. The main goal of the Forum is to raise the standards of art education in society; especially among children and youth.
The Visual Arts Forum - VAF is seeking a PART-TIME Resource Mobilization Officer as the fundraising component of VAF aims to increase funding from donors, "international and local organizations" in order to financially support VAF’s activities and projects. He or she will maintain and improve YAF’s international, Arabic and local visibility through innovative strategies. The fundraising activities consist of identifying funding sources, writing proposals, contacting donors and keeping them informed through regular communication and reports.
- Participate in developing VAF’s fundraising strategy embracing VAF’s philosophy.
- Enhancing the external relations database including donors and partners.
- Strong abilities in proposal writing and creative ideas to international and local donors in Arabic and English.
- Strong abilities in research, budgeting,
- Strong abilities in technical and financial reporting in Arabic and English
- Undertake independent research in finding alternative resources for the long-term sustainability of the Forum.
- Keep up to date with main project proposals and reporting tools, such as log frames.
- Attend relevant external and internal meetings/workshops.
- Collect and reflect success stories from the field.
- Responsible for developing and updating communications material and content in coordination with the media section at VAF, including the website content, brochures, annual report, videos, poster.
- Participate in organizing fundraising events for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.
- Maintain and regularly update the website content.
- Regularly monitor donor websites, identify, and inform donor opportunities matching the work of the organization.
- Other related tasks.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- At least a BA in international relations or related field with three years’ experience.
- Track record in successful proposal writing and reporting to major institutional donors, particularly cultural proposals.
Essential skills and competencies
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- He/she must have a remarkable knowledge and awareness of the Palestinian cultural situation.
- Have sound knowledge of budgeting and financial procedures.
- Fluent in English and Arabic with excellent verbal and written communication skills in both languages.
- Knowledge of the different approaches and accountabilities required for different types of funder.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Innovative, flexible and proactive personality.
- Hard worker and results-oriented.
- Ability to handle work stress, time pressure and difficult situations efficiently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Contract period: One year, with possibility of renewal.
Salary/benefits: According to VAF’s Jobs Policy.
Duty station: Ramallah.
To apply, please send your cover letter and CV in one word document titled with your full name to [email protected] by 5/11/2019.
Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.