The Visual Arts Forum (VAF), is a leading Palestinian institution in the field of culture and Visual Arts, which aims to promote community development in the arts sector for youth and children; in marginalized and culturally deprived Palestinian communities all across the West Bank and East Jerusalem. The forum was established in 2002 as a non-profit organization and focuses on the empowerment of young people in culture and community leadership through visual arts, the use of art in the psychosocial support of children in marginalized villages, the fight against violence in schools and promoting economic empowerment opportunities by creating job opportunities in the visual arts field. Through its programs, the Forum empowers schoolteachers, young artists, and children to further develop their skills and allows for the growth of free expression.
Since its establishment until the year 2013, VAF has been active in terms of fulfilling its mission and vision through a range of programs and activities, however, between 2014-2016 the forum was not functional and all programs and activities were suspended. In 2016, the forum was equipped with a new lifeline and a new location within the Ramallah Municipality Recreational Center. VAF’s 2018 – 2020 current Strategic Plan ends by the end of this year, thus VAF is expected to develop its 2021 – 2023 Strategic Plan setting the long term direction of its vision, mission, objectives, programs and execution plans.
Youth Economic Empowerment through Arts, is one of VAF’s leading projects, funded by DROSOS FOUNDATION. It is a 30-months project, targeting 80 direct unemployed youth and beneficiaries. The project includes capacity building trainings in four main fields: Animation, Artistic content for social media training, A Virtual and Augmented Reality and Psycho-social support.
The project aims to develop the necessary skills in the abovementioned fields of fresh graduates and unemployed youth and prepare them to enter the job market either as freelancers or as employees in the local and international markets.
After the end of each training, the participants will be given a business development course to help them further develop their own projects and develop their own business plans for their future projects, enterpunerships and freelancing opportunities.
Scope of work , Time Schedule and training’s location
The Visual Arts Forum is seeking to hire a trainer, consultant or a consultancy firm to provide a 120 hours training for around 15 trainees in the field of creating content for Virtual & Augmented Reality.
The training will take place at the Techno-park lab- Birzeit University.
- We need two consultants; one consultant for the 3D modeling, and another for Unity.
- Designing a training package for the training.
- Planning and executing the designed training package to improve trainees’ skills in creating Artistic Content for Virtual & Augmented Reality.
- Final report and recommendations to VAF.
- Assessment of the training needs of each participant in collaboration with the digital art consultants.
- Design of a training package that defines and meets the training and growth needs of each participant.
At the end of the training, the participants should be able to understand/practice:
- Creating 3D Modeling and Animation for the Usage of Augmented reality and Virtual reality.
- Introduction to Unity.
- Story creation in VR&AR.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Qualifications and Experience
- Proven 5 years of experience in creating Content for Virtual & Augmented Reality.
- Proven track and experience in working in the VR/AR field.
- Proven track and experience in working in 3D Animation.
- Proven experience in training and capacity building.
- Ability to deliver quality reports in alignment with deadlines.
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills.
Interested and eligible candidates should submit the following:
- CV with full description of the applicant's profile and experience (examples of prepared plans).
- The Technical proposal: outlining the methodology and preliminary approach and the suggested proposal (work plan) for executing the assignment in relation to the TOR.
- The Financial proposal: outlining the level of effort and total budget of the assignments in USD currency.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the above mentioned through e-mail to the following address: [email protected] no later than the November 22, 2020.
The Visual Arts Forum is an Equal Opportunity Employer