DVV International is the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association (in German: Institut für Internationale Zusammenarbeit des Deutschen Volkshochschulverbandes). The Association is the umbrella organisation of around 1000 community based adult education centers in Germany. It's Institute for International Cooperation, DVV International, facilitates international exchange and provides expertise in the field of non-formal youth and adult education worldwide. DVV International embraces non-formal youth and adult education as an essential pillar of lifelong learning and as an effective instrument to reduce poverty and unemployment and to contribute to sustainable development.
Coordinated by its Regional Office for the Middle East in Amman DVV International supports non-formal adult education and lifelong learning through providing expertise in policy development, building the capacity of adult education institutions and training of adult educators DVV International cooperates with Ministries, education institutions and non-governmental organisations.
In 2012, DVV International opened an office in Ramallah to implement its programmes in the West Bank, Jerusalem and the Gaza Strip, which aims at creating viable institutions for adult education that can help people step out of poverty.
The Administration and Financial Assistant will be based in Ramallah and work under supervision of the Country Director. Duties and responsibilities of the Administrative and Financial Assistant includes but not limited to the following tasks:
- Assisting with project coordination, i.e. organising meetings, conferences, workshops taking care of travel arrangements, venues, catering, compile material, send invitations, compiling media reports etc;
- compiling, preparing and translating financial supporting documents;
- translating documents;
- Drafting reports and minutes of meetings;
- Administrative tasks, such as filing, copying, faxing, telephone service etc;
- Follow up on offices, assuring same documentation, arrangements, etc for Gaza and Ramallah.
Professional knowledge and experience
- Fresh graduate with a university degree in the field of Accounting/ Business Administration or other related fields.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize and work to set timescales and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Self motivated.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken).
The contract starts on the 1st of July 2018 and ends on the 31st of December 2018, with possibility of renewal based on evaluation and availability of funds.
How to apply?
Please send your CV and a motivation letter in English latest by Sunday, 10th, June 2018, evening to:
[email protected] , make sure to write Financial and Administrative Assistant Vacancy in the email subject.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.