Film Maker and Graphics Designer
CLOSING DATE: April 21st, 2021.
ORGANIZATION: Taghyeer – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: Ramallah- West Bank Palestine
Starting date: 15/5/2021
Contract Duration: One year, to be renewed
40 hours per week
- About Taghyeer:
Taghyeer is an independent Palestinian organization working towards creating innovative and safe spaces, where Palestinian youth and adult are inspired to take action for creating positive change and confront negativity. We focus on promoting gender equality and enhancing youth and women’s role in achieving social and economic change, by mobilizing, inspiring, motivating and engaging them to challenge the status quo and stereotypes by interacting, sharing information and spreading the spirit of success and positive thinking though innovative multimedia platforms and technology. We stand by youth to turn our challenges into opportunities, by fostering their imagination and creativity though boosting entrepreneurial skills and strengthening capacities.
- About the Project:
Taghyeer and in partnership with Drosos Foundation is implementing Al Jabal project, which is a social - business incubator in the middle of nature that recruits, incubates, and develops young entrepreneurs with creative ideas, and enables them to convert their passion and ideas into viable and investable businesses. Our firm belief is that personal consciousness development contributes to the long-term and sustainable development of individuals as well as businesses and society. The project seeks to empower youth in Palestine and engage them in community decision making focusing on two main approaches: The first one is through providing this space and asserting on positive factors that already exist in the Palestinian context; such as existed shared values among youth and the need for new and original ideas and perspectives contributing to social and economic change. The second approach is through supporting youth in developing social and economic entrepreneurship skills through design-thinking, co-creation and other learning approaches using this offline and online platform and tools to influence and transform their community.
- Job summary:
Taghyeer is seeking to hire a film maker and Graphics designer to be responsible of branding and visually promoting “Al Jabal” project, through designing and producing promotional materials and visualizing project content, managing Taghyeer digital platforms to ensure creating influence through digital visualization. The Graphics and Creative Media Manager will report directly to Taghyeer CEO.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- The film maker, graphics and creative media manager will be working closely with Taghyeer CEO and project coordinator to assess, design and implement promotional, visual and branding needs of the project.
- Filming, editing, designing all promotional material (including but not limited to infographics, graphic motions, shorts videos, audio stories…etc) of all project activities.
- Designing posters, flyers, invitations, Logo and all requirements related the project branding.
- Designing digital platforms web pages, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other communication materials.
- Visualizing and creating online content for advocacy and digital marketing campaigns that will be performed under the project.
- Assisting in the delivery of campaign designs on an ongoing basis through Visual Graphics and materials.
- Managing Taghyeer’s online and offline platforms and editing online content.
- Managing Taghyeer all social media platforms, and ensure continuous visibility of all project activities and increase outreach and engagement.
- Building a brand identity and Maintain individual brand standards across platforms.
- Collaborate with internal departments for design visions and goals.
- Meeting with team members and partners to gain an understanding of what they want their proposed communications to look like. Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications.
- Producing communication materials drafts for review by project partners and make revisions based on the feedback received.
- Creating promotional materials by hand or by using technology, including computer software programs, Adobe's Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
- Selecting type size and style to enhance the readability of text and image.
- Reviewing final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect project Exploration, conceptualization, and execution of design options and solutions.
- Duration of the assignment:
Expected start date is upon selection to May xxxx, 2021 with three months’ probation period. The contract is subject to be renewed based of performance and availability of fund.
- Job Requirements:
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field is a plus
- Proven graphic designing experience of minimum 3-5 years.
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics.
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Great filming and editing skills.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines.
- Experience in digital marketing and managing social media pages.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Interested individuals should kindly send the following:
A motivation letter (maximum one page).
Updated CV including relevant work experience.
Portfolio and previous production materials such as: films, graphic motion.