CLOSING DATE: July 1, 2019
ORGANIZATION: Taghyeer – Palestine
WORK LOCATION: West Bank and Gaza, Palestine
- About Taghyeer:
Taghyeer is an independent Palestinian organization working towards creating innovative and safe spaces, where Palestinian youth and adult are inspired to take action for creating positive change and confront negativity. We focus on promoting gender equality and enhancing youth and women’s role in achieving social and economic change, by mobilizing, inspiring, motivating and engaging them to challenge the status quo and stereotypes by interacting, sharing information and spreading the spirit of success and positive thinking though innovative multimedia platforms and technology. We stand by youth to turn our challenges into opportunities, by fostering their imagination and creativity though boosting entrepreneurial skills and strengthening capacities.
- About the Project:
Taghyeer is implementing Ta’abeer project in partnership with Oxfam, TAM, and WATC, the project aims to empower and connect young Palestinian women and men to advance Gender Justice through digital space. Project partners will work towards mobilising safe, accessible and inclusive digital rights and space by promoting Women's political participation and leadership (WPPL), women's rights, and Gender based violence (GBV) prevention. Through different approaches and methodologies, the project aims to promote knowledge and capacity to contribute to the prevention and response to cybercrime and GBV. Empower youths, especially young Palestinian women, to exercise their agency and leadership through a safe, accessible, and inclusive digital space.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Purpose of the assignment:
Taghyeer is seeking trainers to conduct training on digital advocacy campaigning in West Bank and Gaza Strip, targeting 120 youths, 60 in West Bank and 60 in Gaza Strip, distributed over 6 groups, 3 in the West Bank and 3 in Gaza Strip. The training aims to enhance the knowledge and skills of targeted young women and girl cyber-activists on developing and implementing digital advocacy campaigns, in addition to equip youths with knowledge and skills on the use of social media platforms and the use of existing digital platforms that established by Taghyeer such as: YouKnow, Mapping her, Social Media Bus and Hona for influencing objectives.
The training on online advocacy campaign is preceded by trainings that will be conducted by project partners namely WATC and TAM that will cover online gender based violence, cyber privacy and security, prevention and mitigation strategies. These aims at deepening young women and men knowledge around digital security issues to tackle cyber GBV and women political participation and leadership.
Each of the 6 youths groups of young women and men participants should develop awareness raising and advocacy plans by the end of the digital campaigning training that will promote Palestinian Women’s rights, women political participation and leadership, and other issues related to Gender Justice and Digitalisation. As such, trainers will facilitate the process with youths of prioritizing and developing these plans.
- Target group:
Three training days for each group, where 60 participants from three areas of west bank will be targeted (Bethlehem and Hebron Governorates, Jericho Governorate, Nablus and Jenin Governorates), 20 youths from each area 3*20 = 60 Participants.
Three training days for each group, where 60 participants from three areas of Gaza will be targeted (Beit Hanoun, Khan Younis and Gaza City), 20 persons from each area, 3*20 = 60 Participants.
In total 18 training days.
- Scope of work:
The selected trainers will be required to develop training materials and conduct trainings on digital campaigns and the use of social media platforms in influencing as per the below key training contents and topics:
- Digital Campaigning:
- How to design and launch a digital advocacy campaign to support change objectives.
- What are the components of a strong digital campaign?
- How to design these components to serve the goal of the campaign.
- How to prioritize creative campaign topics.
- How to set clear and smart objectives and messages.
- Power Mapping Topic.
- Messaging and strategies.
- Digital Mobilization and Community Engagement:
- How to map target audience, these include right holders, duty bearers etc…
- How to develop campaigning strategies and tactic to develop community and stakeholders engagement plans.
- How to influence using digital strategy.
- Use of digital means and platforms:
- Social Media and Digital Story Telling skills.
- How to use platforms that established by Taghyeer and to share media content over YouKnow, Mapping her, Social Media Bus blog and Hona.
- How to develop creative text, audio and visual content for dissemination on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube).
- How to use Facebook to activate and engage one’s followers.
- Understand the role of Twitter in the digital advocacy ecosystem and how to get and engage one’s followers through the platform.
- 6 developed awareness raising and advocacy plans using digital means, with a prioritized issues related to digital security and women’s rights and digitization.
- Developing custom-made training program.
- Deliver training plan and materials
- Develop pre and post evaluation custom made for the training objectives.
- Delivering 6 training rounds, 3 trainings in the West Bank and 3 trainings in Gaza, in total 18 training days
- A comprehensive training report
- Selection criteria:
- Proven experience in digital campaigning and advocacy and the use of social media and online platforms in influencing.
- Strong communication, persuasion and listening skills.
- Proven experience in facilitating trainings in west Bank and Gaza on digital campaigning.
- Professional experience in social media skills, experience in media technology and in digital journalism tools and functions.
- Trainers with active Social media accounts and strong social influence, will be considered an asset.
- Strong knowledge on digital rights and understanding of Palestinian and international cyber laws.
- Strong knowledge on women’s rights.
The bidding Consultant will be required to provide:
- A price offer in Euro including VAT.
- Trainers CVs.
- An application letter (max 2 pages) outlining the approach to the training, the modules and referring to relevant previous experience.
- Deliver training plan detailing the sessions to be conducted over each training
- Deliver training materials
- Deliver pre and post evaluation of the training to be filled by training participants.
- The contractors have to submit detection at source, and if not available Taghyeer will discount the TAX fees and bay it on behalf of the contractor.
All proposals should be submitted to [email protected]