Save Youth Future Society (SYFS) is a non-governmental, non-profit and independent society founded in Gaza in 2001. SYFS work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the achievement of sustainable development, and which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment. SYFS in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS), -is implementing a program entitled “SALALEM: Prosperity and Advancement for Palestinian Women and Youth”, GAC-funded program. Salalem is a gender-transformative project which seeks to increase the agency of young women and youth with disabilities in Gaza and the West Bank through skills training for employment. In the ‘Leadership Institute’ participants will gain critical life skills and participate in experiential (on-the-job) learning, all whilst building professional networks. Simultaneously, the project aims to reduce barriers to workforce participation by increasing buy-in from participant’s families, improving the accessibility of workplaces, and promoting community acceptance. By improving skills and decreasing barriers, young women and youth with disabilities will improve learning outcomes, better enabling them to enter and remain in the workforce. SYFS is seeking for qualified and experienced Entrepreneurship Trainer to implement the project key activities. S/he will be reporting directly to the Project Coordinator and work on all program activities.
Delivery of Entrepreneurship trainings
- Plan, organize and implement the training according to the project timeline.
- Jointly assess the specific training needs.
- Ensure that beneficiaries understand and implement training contents and acquired knowledge through regular and individual follow-up via regular adopted outlets, and mentorship visits during their work.
- Provide support and feedback to the Entrepreneurship trainees while developing their business plans and follow the submission of their weekly assignments.
- Update the Entrepreneurship Training Frequently Asked Questions “FAQ” guide and share upon the delivery of each training cohort.
- Provide technical support and mentorship to the awarded trainees to strengthen and improve their business startup and management.
- Contribute to the Learning Events at conducted at the end of any Cohort to discuss the successes, challenges, and identify adaptations to the curricula to strengthen the approach for future cohorts. The trainer must participate in and contribute recommendations for strengthening the curricula in the future.
- Contribute to the technical assessment of competitive business plans submitted by participants at the end of the Cohort: The trainer has to share his/her recommendations to the selection panel on each submitted business plan in terms of feasibility areas, viability opportunities, and others.
- Ensure that all mitigation measures are being applied during the training. The Trainer has to follow strict mitigation measures during delivery of the training.
- Jointly develop a relevant communication strategy to outreach the potential beneficiaries to project services.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management
- Identify and report success stories for communication purposes.
- Report to project leaderships major activities bottlenecks and assist in troubleshooting field and skills gabs among beneficiaries and assist on improved skills and developed competencies.
- Any other tasks assigned by project coordinator.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Academic and Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Economics, IT, business administration or other relevant degree;
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering locally relevant entrepreneurship and/or small business development trainings in the Gaza context. Previous experiences in delivering virtual training is a plus.
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proven ability to develop progress reports;
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel);
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Understands and works with local contexts (operational and cultural).
- Proven track record and experience in formal and small business management settings within Gaza
Interested candidates should submit:
- Letter of motivation (ca. 200 words) and
- The most recent CV including three professional contacts as references to: [email protected]
Only complete applications (Motivation letter, CV, references and questionnaire) will be reviewed.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email e.g. Entrepreneurship Trainer
Deadline for submitting applications 20/03/2021, no later than 12:00 p.m.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save Youth Future Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented or minority populations are encouraged to apply and to seek SYFS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please