Médecins du Monde (MDM) France is an International Medical Organization, which has been present in the Palestinian Territories since 1995. It operates in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank through offices located in Jerusalem, Gaza and Nablus.
MDM is currently looking for qualified candidates to fill the position of:
Emergency Preparedness & Response Plan (EPREP) Officer, Gaza Base (1 Position)
Starting date: Based on the possibility to find donor.
Type: Full time contract.
Duration: 12 months
Purpose: To support the implementation and follow-up of MDM Emergency project in Governmental Designated Emergency Shelters (DES) & Ministry of Health (MOH) clinics which aim to strengthen preparedness, response and resilience of most vulnerable people living in Gaza
- To develop the Health Component for Governmental Designated Emergency Shelters (DES) in Gaza Strip.
- To contribute in the developing the contingency plan of MOH- clinics in charge of medical services & emergency care to the IDPs in the context of crisis.
- To ensure emergency processes of assessments, preparation, planning and follow-up of DES & PHCCs in the targeted area of intervention
- To Report and follow-up of project activities related to the DES & PHCCs in the targeted area of intervention
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Medical, Paramedical staff, or any related field with strong experience in emergency prepardness & response plan of medical emergency programs.
- Emergency / crisis response Diploma or certificate
- At least 2 years of work experience in Emergency project in the field for NGOs
- At least 3 years of work experience with NGOs.
- Capacity to organize & plan training.
- Good supervision & reporting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken).
- Computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, statistics software…).
- Valid Certificate of practicing the profession.
- Previous experience at Primary Healthcare level will be an asset.
- Previous experience in Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans design and implementation will be an asset.
- Experience in health information management and/or health data collection and analysis will be an asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume or CV and a one-page cover letter in English, by Email to: [email protected]
Please reference the job title as MDM/EPREP Officer/GZA/2019 in the subject line of your Email, or it may not be considered
This position is being advertised in preparation for a possible new grant subjective to fund start in April 2019.
Dead line for receiving the application is Thursday, 31st of January , 2019
MDM recruits qualified individuals without distinction ethnic background or Gender.
Please note that MDM will contact only pre-selected candidates and by email, the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
In accordance with the Resolution No. 17, 2010 of the Gaza Ministry of Interior, applicants who have a running contract with a Ministry will not be selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with MDM.