This position is to support communications, documentation, and reporting in relation to the Gaza emergency response that illustrate the impact of Anera current humanitarian work in Gaza. The Intern will be an integral part of Anera’s communications team and works closely with program staff in Palestine and in the US to ensure comprehensive coverage and reporting of activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writes articles and human interest stories about Anera’s programs and activities in Palestine for use in public communication vehicles such as newsletters, anera.org, reports, and appeals for funding.
- Works in regular consultation with the BD Manager and in collaboration with Palestine colleagues to respond to requests for articles and human interest stories while assuring that resources are used effectively to meet external communication goals.
- Assists in the development of Anera public communications materials in response to the needs of Palestine and the situation on the ground.
- Assist in maintaining and building relationships with local media contacts in a variety of outlets.
- Responds in a time-sensitive manner to urgent story requests.
- Carries out most assignments independently, including resolving most problems, coordinating work with others, and determining approaches and techniques to be employed.
- Provide photos and videos as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Emergency Response.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Two or more years of related experience bonus; strong background in communications, journalism, or a related field preferred
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and maintain regular contact with media representatives
- Demonstrated competence in social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and/or YouTube preferred
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Good interpersonal, analytical, and communications skills required
- Experience with (short) film production is a bonus
- Ability to travel– pending permit approvals – to the West Bank, Jerusalem and possibly Gaza
Send a cover letter, resume, [email protected] with “Communications Intern Application - Palestine” in the subject line. We will only consider applicants who respond in this way. Interested candidates should apply by October 31, 2024.