F4J – Finance for Jobs Project
Terms of Reference
Business Consultant Expert
The Finance for Jobs (F4J) Project is a Ministry of Finance (MoF) program funded by the World Bank and implemented by DAI. It has been implemented over five years, with the overarching objective of mobilizing private investment to create employment opportunities in the West Bank and Gaza. One of the key project components is the Investment Co-Financing Facility (ICF), which aims to address market failures and build a pipeline for employment-focused private sector investments, creating employment opportunities and increasing their quality.
To ensure compliance of the shortlisted proposal with F4J requirements, the F4J needs to hire short-term Individual business consultants in the West Bank and Gaza to carry out business plans for several ICF Shortlisted Sub-Projects.
The final business plan will be integral to the due diligence process requirements.
Scope of Work
The Individual business consultants will:
- Meet with the F4J team to discuss the task and plan.
- Prepare action plan including tasks, approach, and timeline of milestones approved by the F4J team.
- Conduct meetings as necessary with the beneficiary to collect information on the project and validate it.
- Conduct focused business and market research to assess marketability and competitiveness.
- Assess the readiness and capacity of the client to implement the project.
- Conduct financial analysis and assess project commercial viability.
- Prepare financial plan (cash flow analysis and profitability indicators).
- Prepare implementation plan including procurement and disbursement plans.
- Prepare HR plan and analysis of potential direct and indirect jobs generation.
- Submit draft business and financial plan for review and discussion.
- Address comments and notes as needed.
- Prepare final business and financial plan satisfactory to the client and F4J teams.
The business consultant will formulate a customer-tailored business and financial plan that will not exceed (30 – 40) pages and will cover the following:
- Executive Summary
- Business Overview
- Project Brief – including Project business model
- Project product and services
- Competitive advantages and key to success.
- Ownership and Legal Structure
- Required licenses and certificates
- Project Sponsors’ bios
- Market Analysis
- Market analysis (market size, market trend, market share, competitor analysis, customer analysis, price benchmarks, etc.)
- Marketing Plan
- Market Segment and Market Target
- Market Positioning strategy and Marketing mix
- Technical / Operation Study
- Resources requirements (Installation, facilities/equipment)
- Operations and processes
- Suppliers and supply chain outlook
- Implementation plan
- Managerial Model
- Organizational structure
- The workforce management plan, including a staffing plan and key job responsibilities
- Financial Plan
- Financial structure
- Financial assumption
- Projected income statement, Projected cash flow statement, Projected balance sheet
- Financial Feasibility Analysis Indicators
- Sensitivity Analysis
- Justification for Project Finance
- Readiness assessment (Operation, finance, and legal compliance)
- Market and Institutional failures facing the project
- Socio-economic impact of the project
- Job Creation Analysis – Direct & Indirect.
- Risk Assessment Matrix
- Gap financing analysis
- The rationale for requesting the grant
- Business plan of no more than 40 pages.
- Financial Model – (open source excel and built based on the business plan).
- All Deliverables are in English.
Level of Effort
The expected level of effort for each sub-projects business plan will be a maximum of 25 working days.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
The applicant should have the following:
- A degree in business administration, finance, economy, or related field. A Master's degree and above is preferred.
- At least five years of experience in conducting business and financial planning.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- Ability to move easily within West Bank areas and Gaza.
- The candidate must be available by mid-November 2022.
Interested candidates can send their resume with a sample of their previous work no later than October 15, 2022, to [email protected] indicating your full name and the job title in the subject line in your e-mail application.
Only qualified candidates’ CVs will be reviewed, and selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.