Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is the humanitarian solidarity organization of the Norwegian trade unions. Internationally we work in 38 countries, including the occupied Palestinian territory. NPA work focuses on fair distribution of power and resources and life protection and health. As NPA values people own initiatives and agendas, our cooperating partners are key actors in our programs and projects.
NPA has been operating in the occupied Palestinian territory for more than 20 years. Currently NPA has a programmed focused on Democracy, Human Rights, Protection and Food Security/Livelihood. NPA cooperates with local organizations in both the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
NPA is now looking for a:
Area Coordinator for the Gaza Strip
The Gaza Strip Area Coordinator (GSAC) reports to the Program Manager. The GSAC implements the regular follow up NPA’s partners within the Development and Humanitarian areas.
- Assisting partners in Gaza in the development of proposals of activities and budgets assuring that outputs and outcomes are relevant to expected results according to NPA strategies and overall goals.
- Assuring NPA Palestine’s added value through high quality support to partners’ development and capacity building in a timely and collaborative manner, through an open dialogue and a partnership spirit.
- Regular monitoring and follow up of the projects within NPA Palestine programs, as designated by his/her immediate superior.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
Education and Professional qualifications:
- Relevant university degree
- At least 5 years’ experience of working with the INGO/NGO sector in Palestine working in development and/or in humanitarian aid.
- Very good writing and communication skills in English and Arabic, including working experience with English writing.
- Good computer skills, including experience working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail programs.
Specific technical qualifications:
- Proven experience (or solid training) in at least two of the following topics: IHL, HR, gender mainstreaming, Rights based approach, Monitoring and Follow up, Conflict resolution, organizational development, LFA and/or Management by results.
- Good knowledge of rights-based development cooperation and willingness to gain further knowledge.
- Working experience from the West Bank
Integrity and & results orientation, Team-worker, Flexibility & adaptability, Ability to work under pressure, Social sensibility, Problem-solving, Networking abilities, Good communicator.
NPA Palestine office based in Gaza.
Are you the person NPA is looking for?
Send cover letter indicating why you are interested in the position, salary expectations and your resume in English (addressing relevant areas of experience and knowledge) to [email protected] with the subject “Area Coordinator”. Applications are welcome latest on 31st January at 13:00.
Women are encouraged to apply!!
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.